MR-quo vadis

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by Thomask, Mar 11, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

I have been a MR member since 2008. I hold the Marriott Premier Chase card and I am MR Gold due to the "partnership" with United and my Gold status with them. I do like MR point savers and I liked their previous promotions. I find the MR Gold status super nice and have enjoyed many Executive Lounges especially in Asia and Europe.

Things that give me a hard time and make me wonder if I should continue with Marriott are:

The Chase card annual fee was raised from $65 to $85.

The Chase card visa Anniversary free night at category 1-5 Hotels is only valid 6 (six) month!!! HH Citi and Chase IHG are valid for 1 year.

It becomes harder every year to find 1-5 Hotels internationally to redeem the free night.

AC Hotels, Springhill Suites, Fairfield Inn's, Residence Inn (which are in the majority 1-5 category) are almost NON existing out of North America. I can hardly find them in Continental Europe and Asia. I know there are a few exceptions... JW Marriott's, Marriott's, Renaissance Hotels are hardly 1-5 Hotels. I am aware there are a few exceptions as well. There are some Courtyards but as you know Gold benefits do not count much at CY's.

Is the marriage between MR and UA going to make them the worst pair in history? Where are you heading MR???
    uggboy likes this.