MR from WAS on US Air?

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by Dreamworks, Jan 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Dreamworks

Dreamworks Gold Member

Status Points:
    So do we think that there are any good mileage runs out of DC? I prefer DCA because it's close, but understand that as a hub the prices aren't usually going to be that good. But I'm itching to sit in an Airbus, and gaze wistfully at flight attendants in their golden years.

2. USAJerry

USAJerry Active Member

Status Points:
    I feel the same way about trying to find MRs out of WAS (both IAD and DCA). Very frustrating so I feel your pain as well. I've only seen a couple out of the area in the last three months but none of them fit my income schedule and work schedule. :(

3. AA_EXP09

AA_EXP09 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Try WAS-JNB on AC, LH, OS, UACO, LX....

4. apgrizzwald

apgrizzwald Silver Member

Status Points:
    Huge information for me. Newbie here trying to decode the MR. I'm based out of DCA so this bite of information is helpful. Hopefully others can give some guidance too! ;)

Dreamworks and miles and smiles like this.
  5. chz2215

chz2215 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I face the same challenges being based in PHX. My best MR options are often on UA from here. Of course then you are not going to get any upgrades.

6. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I can vouch for UA MRs out of IAD. Usually a good handful of opportunities. The problem with DCA for US is that a lot of what I've seen is going to route you through CLT. The times make it tough to string together enough miles in a short period to make it worthwhile.

Dreamworks likes this.
  7. MrAOK
    Original Member

MrAOK Silver Member

Status Points:
    I once did it the other way. Flew to LAX on United and then a round trip from lax to MIA on U.S Air thru Phl. Lot of miles in short time

Dreamworks likes this.