MR from Missouri

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by corpilot, Apr 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. corpilot

corpilot Member

Status Points:
    I'm in Springfield and was wondering if anyone knows of any good runs from this area? The MCI stuff is interesting since it is only a 2.5 hr drive.

2. HouseofV

HouseofV Silver Member

Status Points:
    You're in a tough spot. I would advise you to get familiar with ITA and Google Flights and constantly search like a madman using OKC, TUL, STL and MCI. You never know what pops out.

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. corpilot

corpilot Member

Status Points:
    Thank you.

5. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    You might look at some Frontier flights. I know weird but I've found some really nice mile runs out of STL where I am to places like Miami via Denver. Figure they hub most flights out of Denver so if you find some odd run they make in the East they will most likely hub it to Denver and then back.

6. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
  7. wanderwoman
    Original Member

wanderwoman Silver Member

Status Points:
    I share your pain, I live in Northern Michigan and it's a tough spot for an MR as well. I use www.kayak.com/buzz and have been able to find several flights this year. I would recommend it as another tool for you to use.

8. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    I too am out of SGF and have the same problems! @corpilot if you find some good MR let me know! :)

9. muflyer

muflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm just north of you at MCI and we don't get a whole lot of MR action here unless it is folks routing through here on the way to/from the coasts....a few months ago...MCI-SFO on United popped up for a few days...and back in the good ole' Southwest RR 1.0 days, I did a credit run in and out of Denver with double credits to several cities and back, but that doesn't seem possible with the new WN.