MR EEO offers (Elite Exclusive Offers)

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by carpe diem, Feb 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. carpe diem
    Original Member

carpe diem Silver Member

Status Points:
    doc, GenevaFlyer, snap and 1 other person like this.
  2. Dr Rumack
    Original Member

Dr Rumack Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've been waiting all winter for these to appear. Thanks!

3. snap
    Original Member

snap Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the heads up!

4. Thanks for making us aware of the release. Shame Marriott continues to feel a need to keep us in the dark on the dates of these until the last minute. Ridiculous.

5. carpe diem
    Original Member

carpe diem Silver Member

Status Points:
    When applying one of these today the agent on the platinum line asked if I received an email with the offer as they didn't even know when they were applicable....and hadn't received anything about it as yet. I guess she felt in the dark.
    Faster than a speeding bullet is how news travels in our world of miles and points. [​IMG]

6. gba
    Original Member

gba Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for posting, I was hoping to use one for hte weekend of 3/12 and was getting nervous about when they would finally show up

7. sophiegirl
    Original Member

sophiegirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just in the event one of those scarce noobies wanders along....[​IMG]

1) please remember that you MUST book this via the 800 #. this is the one time you cannot "beg forgiveness"! (although I have booked a ressie on line and then called, but quite honestly, they still go through all the steps so really nothing gained by doing so.)

2) these are good with any public rate. they are not good with corp, AAA, Military, or any other non-public or membership rate. since you must call the 800 #, chances are no YMMV.

3) you can book it with a publically available pkg rate, such as stay for breakfast, romance, free parking, VISA gift card, etc etc. however, you will be told by the 800 number that you will receive the bennie only for the first (paid) night. And in the case of a bottle of champagne, gift card or other truly tangible item, probably true. When it is a service - such as breakfast or parking...definitely a YMMV depending on the property. I find that I usually DO - but it is not required...so be prepared to pay up; and pleasantly surprised if you do not have to.

4) the 800 number will call the hotel before booking - so pay attention to the "does not accept" list...because, well, they don't.

5) take 2 copies of the cert. One to give to the front desk when you check in, one to give to the front desk when you check out...and are told they cannot find your certs and have no idea what you are talking about.

6) No, you cannot go to any of the big cities, fancy resorts, or even a few senselessly excluded properties. No, you cannot go overseas or out of the country. But if you check - there are some really great hotels that do take them..in some nice areas you might otherwise overlook. We have had some fun get-aways (and some wonderful meals) thanks to these....for places we never would have looked at without them.

If nothing else, use them to be a tourist in your own town. Rather fun, actually.

gba, doc and GenevaFlyer like this.
  8. GenevaFlyer
    Original Member

GenevaFlyer Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Thanks, carpe diem and sophiegirl!

GenevaFlyer

9. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah thanks just booked JW Marriott SFO (2 for 1) hard to beat as a trial.

10. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can't emphasize #5 above enough.

Also:
    7) If you have multiple rooms for the same stay you technically need one unique account & cert per room. Since the certs can be printed w/o the MR number, make sure that each room has its own unique MR # (or no MR #). The front desk can change the MR #'s if you booked them all under one, but of course you need the right MR #'s handy to give the front desk when booking multiple rooms on the same stay.