MR (Delta from LAX)...new to this :)

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by icansnap, Nov 13, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. icansnap

icansnap New Member

Status Points:
    New to the whole blog thing, so forgive any bad etiquette...

I'm based in Los Angeles, and I'll end up 7,204 miles short of Delta platinum. I've used up all of my vacation time, so I'm trying to make up the miles with weekend travel. Would love to knock it all out at once...

The easiest option I've found so far is just to book LAX-ATL-JFK-ATL-LAX in first class, but I would really rather not waste the money. I know there's got to be something else out there.

Thanks in advance for the help :)

2. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Delta is offering double miles LAX to SEA. Maybe two or three of those?

rookie10 likes this.
  3. icansnap

icansnap New Member

Status Points:
    Forgot about that one! I just tested it, and from what I can tell it's just the normal mileage. Do you know if it's something that posts after the trip is completed, or if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks for the suggestion!

4. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    No idea (didn't even know Delta quoted the miles you'd earn rather than the length of the trip). It's been extensively blogged, however.

5. icansnap

icansnap New Member

Status Points:
    If you log into your skymiles account before booking the flights, it will show after you've selected your flights. It helps with the weird status/fare bonuses. Thanks again!

6. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    A couple of weekends in HNL could do it. Seeing it for $450 roundtrip.

rookie10, deltagoldLass and anileze like this.
  7. icansnap

icansnap New Member

Status Points:
    I ended up with LAX-SEA in First...that ends up getting me 5724 MQM and 9540 RDM. Cost is something like $340? That plus one more work flight to SFO (convinced them to book it in first so I could make platinum), and I'll be 24 miles in or something.

I have a couple eCertificates left over from the Amex airline credit I have to get rid of, so I might do it again before the end of the year, or at least book before the promo expires.

Thanks for the suggestion though...I'm always on the lookout for good deals out of LA.

deltagoldLass likes this.
  8. FEV77

FEV77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You must register for the double miles to Seattle promotion here - http://dmn.delta.com/ace_plrs/seattledoublemiles/

rookie10 likes this.
  9. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    You must also register before booking per the terms. So hopefully the OP already did before booking the F trip.