Mqm bonus promos with sky club plan?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by rhapsody, May 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. rhapsody

rhapsody Member

Status Points:
    Does delta usually offer a end of year bonus for buying a sky club plan? Or the ability to buy mqm's altogether?

Thanks!

2. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes -- but only once in a while --- for example, they have given MQMs for donations to charity and there's no way to predict, what if anything they'll do this year.

Best bet may be to get a Pt. Amex card and move enough money through it -- but don't expect much in the way of benes if you're only silver, or even gold, or perhaps plat. <lol>

DTWBOB

3. rhapsody

rhapsody Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. Would prefer to avoid the credit card route. Noticed last year they ran a promo for complimentary mqms with an annual sky club pass.

4. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The past year or two I think DL has had a promo that if you transfer so many Membership Rewards points to Delta, you get a MQM bonus as well.

5. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    rhapsody,

Welcome to MP. If this is to help you achieve or maintain status, I would be reluctant to wait until the end of the year to rely on these MQM's to qualify, as there are no guarantees.

Look for cheap mileage runs if you really need the miles - it can be a much less expensive way to earn/maintain status!

:)

6. rhapsody

rhapsody Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for the kind welcome. Do you have advice on where I should look for mileage runs and where I can get the most mqms for my buck? Thanks so much for your time.

7. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Take a look at the Mileage Run threads here on MP and on Flyertalk. Airfarewatchdog can also be useful.

:)