MQD earning comes to most partners, drops from AS

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Wandering Aramean, Mar 9, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Flights on most partners will now earn MQDs, even if not purchased on DL stock. The new earning rules will also be retro-credited back to all eligible flights taken earlier this year. Earning will be calculated based on a percentage of the distance flown, not the fare paid, using a sliding scale ranging from 5% to 60%. The percentage varies by class of service and partner. A first class fare on AF will earn 60% while the lowest fares on many partners are 5%.

[​IMG]

As part of the change flights on AS will now earn nil for MQDs effective 1 April 2015, even if on DL stock. They will continue to earn DL MQMs.

Is it complicated and convoluted to figure out? Yes.

Is it better than nothing? Yes.

2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    What is remarkable about the series of changes that DL has been announcing at an ever increasing pace is how conspicuously absent UA has seemed to be from it all. They [UA] might yet prove me wrong by breaking their silence and announcing the same programmatic changes, but one can only hope in the interim that even UA might be feeling "uncomfortable" about the radical direction in which DL seems to be taking Skypesos...

mht_flyer likes this.
  3. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't understand what's radical about recent minor reversions - which could be changed in drive-by mode overnight, let's not forget, classic DL SM MO. If you mean the entire tenor of the last five years, this week excepted, OK, I get it... radical indeed. One might even call it...you know...

4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    The entire tenor...with tweaks multiplying recently that UA has not copied. In fact, we have not heard from UA in quite a while other than their occasional appearances to push new meals or solicit advice on redesigning their website. It is like they'd rather talk about anything that does not remind of the revenue-based system... I can't say as much about DL. They strongly reek the revenue system!