MPer New non-profit: On a Wing and a Prayer Intl

Discussion in 'InsideFlyer Cares | community giving' started by cwe84, Jul 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. cwe84

cwe84 Active Member

Status Points:
    Hello MPers,

I wanted to let everyone know that I have started a non-profit organization, On a Wing and a Prayer Intl. Our mission is to educate children and young adults in developing countries to prevent human trafficking and to provide tools that can help change their destiny.

Made up of mostly airline employees and guided by graduate students (although not exclusive to those groups) we will be providing opportunities for people to travel to developing areas to share knowledge and provide tools. Our goal is not to provide a hand out but a leg up!

We are still in our infancy as an organization but we have the following:

www.onawingandaprayerintl.org

Blog: Winging it!
    blog.onawingandaprayerintl.org

Cafepress store: Current lines support Africa 2012 that leaves on 8/14
    http://www.cafepress.com/onawingandaprayerintl

Facebook Page: (please like us!)
    https://www.facebook.com/onawingandaprayerintl

You will find our various support mechanisms on the website and facebook page. Our Website is still under development and we will be working on it as much as possible over the next few months.

As many MPers know I will be leaving for our first support trip on 8/14 for 3 weeks of teaching in Mbale, Uganda. I have hit some snags and have made lots of progress on finding my way to and from Mbale with my flight benefits. I will also be taking about a week to tour Uganda, Rwanda, possibly Burundi and the DRCongo. I hope the internet connections will be available for blog posts!

If you have ideas or wish to support our mission/vision please contact us at
    contact@onawingandaprayerintl.org

Thanks for your support!
    cwe84

2. cwe84

cwe84 Active Member

Status Points:
    I totally forgot to update this! I got back from the Africa 2012 Journey! What an amazing trip. you can see pictures and more at facebook.com/onawingandaprayerintl

We opened an etsy store too with the lovely items that we brought back. All proceeds go towards starting Journeys (aka mission trips), capital grants to start small businesses and support ongoing projects.

spesalvi and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Thanks for update. Your efforts to help others are fully recognized here.

MissBurrill and spesalvi like this.