MP members who are not IHG Ambassadors

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Rosalia, Sep 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    A promotion for you :
    Ambassador Status when you complete 3 stays at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts Worldwide. Register Online with code 6487
    Good luck and best regards.

iolaire, sobore, TAHKUCT and 11 others like this.
  2. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Rosalia!

Rosalia, marcwint55 and macbookguy like this.
  3. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Registered, thanks! I don't really need another hotel program, but I guess it's time to go read up on IHG!

Rosalia and marcwint55 like this.
  4. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    By when do you need to make the stays? I don't see anyT&Cs

marcwint55 and macbookguy like this.
  5. macbookguy

macbookguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    thank you so much Rosalia!! I just added it. I do have the same question as DAS tho... is there a date requirement?

Rosalia and marcwint55 like this.
  6. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting offer - did not see the Ambassador Status on the regular website but a google found this

What are the benefits of InterContinental Ambassador status?

InterContinental Ambassador status holders are entitled to higher levels of recognition valid only at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts. Members will receive the following benefits at InterContinental brand hotels:

▪ Upgrade to a superior room
    ▪ Priority waitlist reservations
    ▪ Late checkout until 4:00 pm
    ▪ Instant check-in
    ▪ Instant checkout
    ▪ Complimentary Weekend Night Certificate upon enrollment and renewal
    ▪ Fresh fruit and mineral water upon arrival
    ▪ VIP greeting and in-room welcome gift
    ▪ One free pay TV movie per stay (where available)
    ▪ Complimentary standard newspaper delivered to members' room every day
    ▪ Airport chauffeur service (at published rate)​

What is the cost of InterContinental Ambassador status?

The membership fee for new members is US $200. Priority Club Rewards members may also purchase membership for 32,000 points.​

marcwint55 likes this.
  7. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I didn't see an expiration date, which is unusual.

But I wonder if making Ambassador via this offer would net you the weekend cert, or if they reserve that for people that buy it.

marcwint55 likes this.
  8. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can help you with that. Priority Club is the reward program. Top status with PC is platinum (60,000 points a year/ almost all points count or it is included as a benefit of the credit card). Platinum gives standard benefits, upgrade as available (better room), extra points - but benefits do not extend to reward nights. However, many hotels still provide benefits. This is the reason that many people say the PC Platinum is worthless.

However, Intercontinental Hotels have a separate paid ($200 or 32,000 points) program, Ambassador, that provides:

Guaranteed Room Upgrade (usually one level)
    Fresh fruit & Mineral Water
    One complimentary film per stay
    4 pm checkout
    Buy one get one weekend certificate (at special Ambassador rate)
    5,000 PC points
    Ambassador Accelerator earns 20,000 PC points after 15 stays.

Your ambassador year runs from sign up date, not year. The renewal is $150 a year.

So, you can be Platinum with PC, but unless you are Ambassador with Intercontinental, assume that you have no status at IC.

Likewise, you can be Ambassador with IC, but no status with PC

In addition, there is an additional level Royal Ambassador. This requires an unknown amount of nights, but assumed to be 50+ stays across PC with somewhere around 18-20 nights at different IC. Royal Ambassadors also receive a referral certificate, which can sometimes be found online (be careful with that)

Be aware that Intercontinental Hotels in the US award 10 points/$, except for the Venetian, Palazzo and Montelucia. Those hotels and IC's in the rest of the world award 2,000 points per stay.

PC has multiple promotions. They typically have their official promotion (does not run quarterly). The last one ended Sept 3 (1,000 pts a night). In addition, most quarters have a Stay X night, receive X,000 pts. You can only sign up for one of those per quarter. There are many other codes that you can sign up for, the best place to find those is on FT as they have a wiki on the fist page that details all of the codes ( http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...or/1296668-ic-master-promo-thread-2012-a.html ) .

They also have a thread for elite experiences and one for Royal Ambassador experiences. These threads are great for researching specific hotels.

Most hotels have bonus point packages that you can book. These can sometimes be a good deals- check to see if the rate is less than $0.7 cpp.

The cash back sites frequently run 10% - 15% cash back and if IHG runs their $75 giftcard for 2 weekend nights (usually summer), mattress running can be a good investment.

There are other ways to get points, My Coke Rewards, Topguest, E-rewards, Dining, Shopping, etc.

On the award side, PC has point break hotels that go for 5,000 points a night. Book quickly when these come out as they are sold out very quickly.

PC has points + cash. With this, you are buying 10,000 points for $70 when you make a reservation. These points do not count for status, but can definitely stretch your points for award stays.

For the infrequent traveler, I think that PC is the best program.

There are more nuances to the program, but I hope that this is a good overview. Let me know if you have more questions.

9. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    thanks for the info. I just signed up and it said three nights as opposed to three stays, so I am guessing that one stay of three nights will suffice.

10. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    According to the offer status on my profile, it shows an end date so I'm assuming that's the last day to make the 3 nights.

AMB Promo.png

11. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Viguera, I am sure you will receive your pack with the week-end certificate and 5000 bonus points.

12. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Right Jimgotkp, for you it is November 30...

13. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ambassador membership implies Gold status with PC
    Royal Ambassador membership implies Platinum status with PC

FlyingBear and KathInJax like this.