MP blocked due to malware on Asiana site

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by Gargoyle, Oct 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    A member contacted me because they can't get onto MP today using Chrome v. 14. It pops up warning messages that the Asiana airlines website has been compromised. I was able to load MP with the same version of Chrome, and (living dangerously) I tried loading the Asiana website in FF and got a big warning that FF is blocking the site due to malware infections.

Now it's a good thing that those browsers are blocking the infected site, but why is that keeping a member from loading MP? The member in question is Gold, so ads are disabled; the only externals I can see loading on major MP pages are Google (analytics), Facebook, Twitter, and Gravetar (avatar hosting). How is MP loading content from Asiana, and can you shut it down?

This member sent me these two screen caps:

asiana-2.jpg

asiana-block-1.jpg

2. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I encountered this, and it is only on some posts, so a member has probably linked to an image on the asiana site, and thus any page that has invoked the image is blocked by the browser

Gargoyle and Wandering Aramean like this.
  3. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    If that is the case, perhaps the admins can do a site search, find the link, grab the photo and host it locally- that could clean up the problem.

4. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I think I found it. One member uses a signature graphic that is hosted on the Asiana site. I'll contact that member privately.

5. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thankyou Rock!

Gargoyle likes this.