MP Award / Schedule Change / Redeposit fee

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by FWFDAN, Mar 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. FWFDAN
    Original Member

FWFDAN Silver Member

Status Points:
    Posted this on the OBB and it was merged into a somewhat unrelated post....

Had a schedule change on a MP award flight for two of us - was not happy getting in later, called and checked options. Did not like anything - the flight was 1:50 minutes later than the old one... (hence merged into "90 minute schedule change is now 2hrs")

Asked about just canceling and was told OK they would cancel and redeposit without the fee but they needed the original cc to refund the $10 in taxes- now I see two $150 redeposit fees.

I called MP and they said to email refunds<at>united.com --- not sure what happened.

Any experience with getting these reversed?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Send the email in. You're not going to have much luck beyond that. Remind them that it was a schedule change that caused the cancellation and that it should be fee-free per their rules.

3. FWFDAN
    Original Member

FWFDAN Silver Member

Status Points:
    Problem is their rules are 120 minutes and it was 110 minutes. He was making an exception and then I was charged anyhow.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    "The schedule change was unacceptable and the agent I spoke with agreed to refund without any fees."

If they balk at that dispute it with the CC company. The Contract of Carriage doesn't include text about how long the schedule change has to be, last I checked.

5. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmmm, it wasn't long ago that UA would refund or reroute for a 5-minute schedule change, if you didn't like it. On a revenue booking, will they still reroute or put you or another flight for free if the change is less than 2 hours?

6. FWFDAN
    Original Member

FWFDAN Silver Member

Status Points:
    Heard back today - they are saying 120 minutes is the cutoff. I was 110.

I replied back that I was told there was not a charge... and forwarded my message to 1PVoice.