Moving miles/points after they have posted

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by SpotOn, Nov 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. SpotOn

SpotOn Silver Member

This is (as of yet) a hypothetical question, but may be an issue for me in two weeks time.

I am about to depart on a trip with Lufthansa and want to post the miles to my Eurobonus account (yes - I am a risktaker...). I presently have status both with LH (Frequent Traveller / *S), SK (*S) and TK (*G). If I was to register any of the non-SK frequent flyer programs with the LH booking so that I get the LH*S or TK*G benefits (both of which will increase my luggage allowance) - will it still be possible to shift the miles over to the Eurobonus account after the flights have been completed?
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

This situation has arisen at times with the A3 FF program, when the original *A account that was used when the ticket was booked, for example LH, has a FF number that seems to stick despite the FF number on the trip being changed. When this happens, folks must get LH agree to first remove the mileage credit before they can then ask A3 to retrocredit the flight to their A3 accounts. It's somewhat of a mess. BTW, A3 is Aegean, a full member of *A.