Moving Around

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by IMGone, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not sure if I'm missing something, but I find myself clicking a lot before I get to the forum or thread I'm interested in viewing. Is there a suggested way to get there quicker? Something within those profile options other than watched threads perhaps?

2. essxjay
    Original Member

essxjay Silver Member

Status Points:
    You mean, you're looking for handier navigation aids? I was thinking about something similar, like this pulldown menu to the subforums under the Forum tab on the main toolbar:

{Rodents. I don't have sufficient permissions to attach images. Stay tuned ... }

3. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    In the lower right of the screen, on the light blue menu bar is a little arrow. Click that to launch the quick nav menu.

milepoint-quick-nav.jpg

Here's the menu:

quick-nav-menu.jpg

neil and Randy Petersen like this.
  4. BondAir007
    Original Member

BondAir007 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I do see the 'little arrow' at the bottom and at the top. Thanks. I did notice, If you are in the middle of a thread you have to decide ... should I go up or down to click on the arrow.

5. Grace
    Original Member

Grace Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've already added the "What's New" search to my bookmark toolbar. That was the main way I navigated FT. I like how clicking on a thread from What's New automatically goes to unread posts instead of clicking on a tiny button.

6. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, Gargoyle - I think that is what I was looking for. And thanks for that What's New idea too - I was going to look for that, next

7. neil
    Original Member

neil Silver Member

Status Points:
    Whoa, thanks. I've been looking for that.