Moved threads should clearly say "Moved," not "N/A"

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by DenverBrian, Feb 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DenverBrian
    Original Member

DenverBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    Note this moved thread:
    http://milepoint.com/forums/threads...udvar-hazy-museum-post-your-photos-here.3449/
    At the original location of the thread, in the Other U.S. Destinations forum, there's a curved blue arrow to note that the thread has moved, and in tiny letters in the Last Message column is the notation "N/A."

Any chance that "N/A" could be changed to "Moved" to better explain the situation? Right now, when confronted with the moved thread in the original location, it looks like something's wrong or corrupted.

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I notice that, and it is misleading.
    On the other hand, the link in my photo thread list was not broken when it moved- so that means links are to the thread themselves, without the path hard coded into the link.

3. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    we're trying several different options when threads are requested to be moved to a different forum by the member starting the thread. Obviously you are referring to something embedded in the technology. We have three choices: 1) moved with no notice; 2) move with notice for X days, months; 3) move with permanent forward.
    Again, these are moves initiated by the member themselves. Obviously with no notice, this would not be a problem. I'll need to look at the "n/a" as i have not come across it. Good catch, something we can look at during beta to see if there are options, or at least give feedback to the software developer. Thanks.

DenverBrian likes this.