Most Vegetarians Go Back to Meat

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Apr 6, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Are you a vegetarian? Have you always been? This may surprise you, but if you made the choice to become a vegetarian, there’s a really good chance that you’ll be back to eating meat soon enough. That’s what a recent study by the Humane Research Council found: astonishingly, 84% of the vegetarians and vegans go back to eating meat and/or animal products. That’s based on a pool of 11,000 vegetarians and former vegetarians surveyed for the study. I’m a meat eater. I’ve been a meat eater my whole life. As a Chicagoan, it’s pretty much a requirement. In fact, when I learned what a vegetarian was when I was younger, I proudly proclaimed that I was a meatitarian. This isn’t to say that I don’t respect vegetarians. I do. I just happen to think that vegetables taste better when paired with beef/chicken/pork/lamb/fish/etc. While all of the results of the study aren’t listed (that 84% relapse stat I mentioned isn’t on there), this infographic sums it up fairly well: So, vegetarians of Fly&Dine? Are you going to stick with it or back-slide into the carnivorous world? Talk about it down below. Infographic via Humane Research Council The post Most Vegetarians Go Back to Meat appeared first on Fly&Dine.

Continue reading...