Most Miles on a Rental

Discussion in 'Hertz | #1 Awards/#1 Club' started by skyvan, Apr 27, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    What's the most miles you've ever had on a Hertz rental when you picked it up?

I have a rental for this weekend ex-DCA and my car had over 47000 when I picked it up.

jbcarioca and sobore like this.
  2. txmoney

txmoney Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am seeing that on all the rental companies. Dollar and thrifty are the worst. I have been using Avis it seems to have cars with the least miles.

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe my all time high was in the low 30k range. 47k trumps that! :eek:

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    My record was 86,300 km (55,366mi) on an Opel that I rented in Greece. The car was in adequate condition despite the high km's.

txmoney and sobore like this.
  5. Jett Rink
    Original Member

Jett Rink Silver Member

Status Points:
    In Jett Rink's case, and I'm talkin' Hertz here, it would have to been in Virgin Gorda and Santorini.

No problemo, though.

jbcarioca likes this.
  6. maksim

maksim Silver Member

Status Points:
    For the most part, my Hertz rentals have been very very very low miles, many under 1k miles in Florida.... especially when I get a car with 800 miles on odometer and I return it with 2k miles back home in NJ. =)

The Hertz Local usually have higher miles, but on a trip to Florida, a car we were taking back north, there was 37k on the odometer.... but car in good condition.

On the whole, Enterprise have the highest miles from when I rented. Avis is hit or miss for me, but for the most part, Hertz Airport have the lowest, HLE have a bit higher.

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    It wasn't Hertz, but at ISN 2 weeks ago, I got a 2007 Ford Focus with nearly 80k miles, a broken side mirror, missing console and cracked windshield. Easily the worst rental car I've ever been handed, and it was my only choice. $72 for the day also! Pricele$$ my foot!

jbcarioca and sobore like this.
  8. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow. Unbelievable, I am feeling so much better about my rentals after seeing this. :eek:

jbcarioca likes this.
  9. curiousgeorge

curiousgeorge Silver Member

Status Points:

Hi,
    I don't remember which one had the most miles,but I remember the one with the least miles and that was 7 mi on the odometer! The car from Hertz was brand new!

jbcarioca likes this.
  10. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, I got a Buick Lacrosse that was 3 miles on it once, was awesome!

jbcarioca likes this.
  11. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    what company?

jbcarioca likes this.
  12. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Priceless Car Rental. They were only about $10 cheaper per day than Hertz and Avis, which didn't really make one think that they'd receive a complete POS of a car.

jbcarioca likes this.
  13. radonc1951

radonc1951 Gold Member

Status Points:
    47000 miles beats me, but not by much. In 2011, I rented from Hertz at least 15 times, and the highest mileage car I received was 43K miles. The bad thing was that the average mileage on all those cars was around 34K miles, with a low of around 23K miles (which was like a new car compared to the rest). And this was being given to a Hertz "5 star Gold" renter :rolleyes:.
    A real killer was when I rented once from Thrifty that year and got a car with 4K miles on it. Go figure.

Things started to change around the middle of last year, and now I have gotten mostly cars with less than 10K miles on them. I have also gotten brand new cars (4 miles) as well, so things have definitely gotten better. But it was pathetic for a while.

jbcarioca likes this.
  14. webdes03

webdes03 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Back when I first started consulting, my first solo car rental experience was with Hertz in ATL. They gave me a beat up old Mazda with over 65,000 miles on it. Worst car I've ever driven, brake pedal had a vibration, and they charged me almost $500 for 4 days. Come to think of it... that was the first and last time I've rented from overpriced Hertz. I'm a National guy for life now... I've never picked up a car at National with more than 2,000 miles on it.

jbcarioca likes this.
  15. maksim

maksim Silver Member

Status Points:
    Surprised. Was this a one way rental? Sometimes for one way rentals hertz will give you cars with higher miles to return to other locations.

Just rented at Las Vegas a few weeks ago... Mercedes GLK 350 with 150 miles or so on the odometer. =)

As far as overpriced.... it depends. In Orlando, and especially locally, Hertz is no more expensive than others. With my corporate discount and fairly easy to find coupons.

16. webdes03

webdes03 Gold Member

Status Points:

It was a local rental, and I'd assume perhaps tied to the fact that I had no real rental history with Hertz.

In my experience, Hertz is always the most expensive (at least where I travel), and even with our corporate discounts.

17. xyjiang

xyjiang Active Member

Status Points:
    35,xxx in Kona.
    Jeep Patriot

18. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Always amazed at mileage on cars in the islands.

19. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I thought I had hit a high number this week 48,000.....but then I realized I was in Canada, and this was Kilometers, not Miles :)

When I read the headline the first time, I thought it was meaning what is the most amount of miles put on a rental....I rented a Hertz minivan for a long summer vacation trip crisscrossing the countryside and put a little over 12,000 miles on it.