Most Interesting Room You Have Stayed In? Mine Was a Bomb shelter

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Oct 25, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    While miles and points allow us to stay in some really nice places, there are times when our overnight lodgings are more of a unique nature. There are places like these (some of the smallest hotel rooms), there are places built out of unusual facilities, and many other interesting rooms. Stays like this help to add some local personality to our travels – at least that is one way to look at it! Probably the most interesting room I have stayed while traveling was a bomb shelter. We were staying in a home in Israel and the guest bedroom happened to be the home’s bomb shelter! While that was its main purpose (and one that we thought we were going to need to make use of), it was also decorated to be the guest room. It was really a very nice room and had one advantage over any other room I have ever stayed in before – it was very quiet once the door was shut! Not only did the... The post Most Interesting Room You Have Stayed In? Mine Was a Bomb shelter appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...