More than Six Weeks After Request - OnePass Service Ctr. Refuses to Credit Flights

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Anglo Large Clawed Otter, Aug 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Anglo Large Clawed Otter
    Original Member

Anglo Large Clawed Otter Gold Member

Status Points:
    On July 1, I submitted a missing partner mileage request to Onepass@coair.com for a US Airways flight I took in May SAT-PHX-SMF (I submitted all necessary supporting documentation - BP stub and itinerary receipt). The fare purchased was eligible for OnePass accrual.

I received an emailed acknowledgment indicating that the miles should post within 15 days. When they did not post within 15 days, I spoke with a representative at the OPSC, who indicated that the request had not gone through for some reason, that she would resubmit it, and that the miles should post within five business days.

After five business days passed with no miles, I again called the OPSC. I spoke with an agent and a supervisor, who said that US Airways' automated system had rejected the flights for some reason, that they would resubmit the request, and that miles should post within two weeks.

Today, two weeks had expired, with no miles. I again called and spoke with a rep (and later a supervisor) at OPSC. I was informed that on July 28, the OPSC had directly emailed US to attempt to obtain credit, but that no response has been forthcoming from US (other than an electronic message accompanying a response to one of the first automated attempts, indicating "flight in dispute," with no other information). The representative and supervisor told me that nothing could be done unless US responds to them (essentially, that this is US' problem, not CO's).

I asked if the EQMs could be credited as a courtesy, because I had submitted all necessary materials, and because I had booked these flights as part of my plan to earn MMer this year (am about 19K shy, and will make it on booked travel through year's end if these flights are credited). I was told no. I was polite throughout the conversation, but did let the rep know that I thought this was poor customer service

The supervisor also informed me that Continental had no power to manually credit EQMs for partner flights. I know this is (or at least was) untrue, as CO Insider assisted several people who erroneously received 50% EQMs on LH flights in 2010. CO ultimately controls the OnePass program, not US.

Could someone with CO/UA (an Insider, perhaps) please let me know what I need to do to ensure that these miles are credited? The phone reps and supervisors told me that there was nothing else I could do, except wait. That doesn't seem entirely reasonable after six weeks and three phone calls.

2. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wish I could help refer you to someone. I'm hoping I won't be in the same boat as you for some missing mileage credit from a South African flight I took in June. I spoke with a CO rep over a month ago who took down all my information and nothing has happened yet. I just re-submitted the request with copies of everything required to get the mileage credit and am hoping something happens this time around, especially since it was a paid business class ticket, long-haul ticket.

Perhaps try emailing UA Insider about this and they could help you or forward to the appropriate person to get it resolved.

3. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would suggest getting in touch with UA Insider to see if this can be resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

mht_flyer likes this.
  4. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Might it also be worth a call to US’ program or reservations to see what’s up?

5. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Please email the details with documentation to me at art@ffocus.org, and I will refer it to our liaison at US Airways to see if we can get them to move on it. We have had success with similar issues in the past. I will also copy UAInsider as well.

6. Anglo Large Clawed Otter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Got in touch with UA Insider. Thanks for all of the suggestions. Will follow up through US/Art234's suggestion if there's no headway via CO. Thanks to all.

7. Stephen
    Original Member

Stephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    OPSC not even replying to my request for credit on their own numbered flight, IAH-DAL :(

8. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    We ran into a similar issue with US crediting my partner's UA account earlier this year. It took me three months to get it resolved, and he needed those EQMs to bump him up to Gold/Premier Executive. UA finally manually did it after US repeatedly stated he wasn't on the flight in question. The stupid thing was that this was the first flight of a three flight itinerary, and the subsequent connections all credited just fine, without intervention.There was no way he would have been on the second and third flight had he not made that first one, but US swore that he was not on that plane.

9. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Was it a Colgan flight? I've had occasional issues getting those to post for some reason, especially ones that the flight number was changed on after the ticket was booked.

10. colpuck
    Original Member

colpuck Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ran into the same situation with an UA flight back in Feb. I just gave up after while.

11. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    My solution has been to give up flying US until they fix their rinky-dink Fisher Price computer system that has resulted in much :rolleyes: for us this year.

Golfingboy and rggale like this.
  12. Billiken
    Original Member

Billiken Silver Member

Status Points:
    Bumped to US for two RJ flights in June.
    Activity posted quickly to my OnePass account.

13. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's hit and miss with US. It either posts immediately or you're in for weeks of arguing with them over it. So far this year we're about 75% posts automatically/25% argue with CO, UA, and US about a flight we actually took in this household. That's far too many issues with flights not posting, considering we've had about 10 trips on US this year. US in 2011 has exceed the number total number of non-posting flights that I've had with CO in the last 15 years. That's ridiculous.

Golfingboy likes this.
  14. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had an issue with my US flights posting to BD earlier this year, because I missed my connecting flight [lost track of time :eek:] so during the rebooking process the agent wiped out the 2 segments I already flew [LAX-LAS-PHX] so those flights did not post. It was in "A" class which meant 300% EQMs for BD, so I mailed in my boarding passes and a copy of my itinerary information to BD last June... Within 4-6 weeks everything posted fine, however, I suspect BD just posted them without even bothering to contact US.

15. demkr
    Original Member

demkr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why is it so difficult for them to do? I had to provide documentation to the gills and still haven't gotten mine posted yet. It's a United flight and it was a CO codeshare on my e-receipt, and I saved my boarding passes. What more do they need?

16. EWRFlyerAL

EWRFlyerAL Active Member

Status Points:
    I had to wait three months for a D class fare from FCO-HER to post from Aegean Airlines to my OP account (OP # was on ticket, CO says D earns miles, etc.). I had to send BPs three times and e-mail and call many times. They finally showed up this past Friday. You'll most likely get your miles but will need to fight for them which isn't fair if you follow the rules.

17. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's pretty much what happened with my partner's flight. He was flying DCA-PHX-LAX on US, and the DCA-PHX flight was delayed. He ended up missing his connection and had to overnight at PHX, since he was on the last flight of the evening. When they rebooked him they dropped the DCA-PHX flight. I think UA finally gave up after I mailed them receipts and boarding passes and a very detailed explanation and just posted it.

My experience lately with US rebooking flights when a delay or cancellation has happened has generally been that they manage to royally screw up just about every time.

18. bobbers

bobbers Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm having similar difficulties getting credit for an A3 flight to my OP account. Four calls over the last three months now. It would be easy to blame CO, whose hands may very well be tied, and I suspect Aegean is the largely guilty (i.e., non-responsive) party here.

19. unavaca
    Original Member

unavaca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had similar problems with OPSC. I had a flights a few months ago on CO metal in paid F class that got credited as if I flew in discount economy. They've been unable to change it to credit properly :mad:

That's the last time I'm buying premium fares on CO.

20. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can someone explain this to me...how does US (or any airline for that matter) "drop segments" when they rebook you that you have already flown? I just don't see how that's possible. The only thing I could see happening is that the airline rebooks you on your new flights using a *new* ticket. That's completely different from dropping segments.

Maybe it's just semantics...

-RM

21. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's US. That Commodore 64 they run their entire system off of can only do so much.

jupper and yaychemistry like this.
  22. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know, I have watched the agent do it to my PNR with my own eyes in PHX, we were looking at flights together on her computer at a vacant gate podium... She called the internal department to get me "waived" for any change/rebooking fees just like what they do sometimes during IRROPs. Then she wiped out all segments in my PNR [a lot like when you press CTRL+A then the delete button], both flown and booked, then manually added the new flights one by one... When they wiped out the segments, my info, FF #, PNR, e-ticket number, fare information, and a few other information remained intact. Trust me, when I saw it happen my eyes went wide, my eyebrows went up, and I got a little worried, but the rest of the journey turned out fine.

Then when all the new added segments posted to BD without any issues a few days after the trip, the flown segments before PHX never posted, and I knew exactly why...

US is not known for their refined CRS system.

23. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's been 3 months and 4 interactions with OPSC and my partner and I still don't have our Z fare flight credit for a South African flight from JNB to LHR. It has gotten ridiculous at this point when I've given them all the proof they need to show that we actually took the flight.

24. Anglo Large Clawed Otter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I suggest you contact our resident UA Insider, as that is how I was able to eventually resolve the mileage-posting issue affecting my account.

25. bagspacked

bagspacked Silver Member

Status Points:
    I took a flight in March operated by BMI but on an LH flight number. They didn't credit the miles and so I submitted a request. There seemed to be some confusion as the fare class I was in was not valid for EQMs on LH but was on BD, and as we all know the operating carrier determines the crediting. So after the normal request was rejected and I waited 15 days they created a "system issue." This is apparently an escalated way that *A carriers can communicate. After another 2-3 weeks when it still hadn't posted I got a hold of a supervisor who took some initiative and gave me his contact info. He tried one more time and, after it didn't credit on a third request, manually gave me the miles/EQMs. Though it took a while, once this person took over it was pretty smooth sailing. OP, if you're still having trouble let me know and I'll see if I can put you in touch with him.