More of the disgraceful BA lounge nazis.... a shame Nicci can do nothing

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by redtailshark, Sep 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well this is interesting...this discussion has occurred before, many times in fact.

This is a key reason why BA management are Dilbertian. Yes, let's make sure we have that word correct...D-I-I-LLLL-B-E-R-T-I-A-N.

BA management clearly knows, in fact, for some years, they have known that their staff - who are dealing with their own premium pax most often, GGL and BA EC Golds/Silvers - are discourteous, ineffective and in some cases, vindictive and capricious in denying eligible members entrance. The phenomenon is too widespread to be passed off any more, even among the portals of the easy excusers at BA.

A structured program of anonymous visitation of all lounges is required, by a chartered non-aligned investigator, with the evidence being used with full employment contract authority by senior management. Not Nicci, no matter how good her intentions. She can't do anything, and many posters know it - the evidence shows it.

Here's a note for them. If the Lounge Dragons do this to me next time I am eligible for access, I won't roll over meekly and accept it like the jolly old apologist bait does. I'll resist them politely but firmly and publicly. It's about time you guys who are being denied showed some cojones...and called what you term the Daily Fail, that would make good coverage especially if you happen to be female/non-white/furriner/whatever. Heyyy...I'm a furriner now, that's the way!

MLCook likes this.
  2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Congrats, you're only the second person that's made my ignore list. Lots of rants filled with targeted invective and no details - something I won't miss.

anileze, LETTERBOY and redtailshark like this.
  3. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do as you please. Whenever I see a note like this, I always wonder why those who use the ignore feature feel compelled to post about it. It seems to me to undermine the point of using the "ignore" function, but hey, I believe in free speech. I accept your congratulations :)

I don't feel compelled to select you for special "ignoring."

I will point out, there are plenty of posters who feel strongly about the ongoing poor quality of BA lounge dragon customer handling. BA's own corporate rep Nicci posted on FT about this, surprisingly promptly - which means, she knows there are grounds for concern. These same problems have been aired before, often, and including by me, so I am most interested to follow the developments. I wonder if they can actually do something about it this time - at least, this time Nicci seems determined to investigate but whether she will have management backing or not remains to be seen.

4. EZEIZA
    Original Member

EZEIZA Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would use the ignore function but I gauge how well BA are performing by the number of times RTS posts the word "Dilbertian".

Looks as if it's going to be another good year for BA.

5. milestoburn
    Original Member

milestoburn Gold Member

Status Points:
    i don't doubt what RTS says for one minute.

i often find that for some reason, perhaps because of class focused society the UK is, the lounge attendants, particularly at LHR, use this as a means to lash out at those above them - or at least those they think are above them. pretty sad either way. i mean, they are, after all, no different than walmart greaters....and often, I get a better welcome from those at walmart...

newbluesea likes this.
  6. josh.davis

josh.davis Member

Status Points:
    Certainly don't recognise the 'classed-focused society' in the UK of which you speak, but do recognise that most Americans think of Britain in terms of feifdoms and/or Downton Abbey.

Further, the idea that the right to access to lounges or otherwise has anything to do with 'class' is pretty astonishing considering that the vast vast majority of travellers gain access through their corporate travel.

Possibly not, but your condescension suggests that you should be reminded that your are, after all, no different than any other of the patronising and entitled travellers they must deal with every day.

EZEIZA likes this.
  7. britinjapan

britinjapan New Member

Status Points:
    Plus 1 treat people how you wish to be treated, does not always work but hey, it cant hurt !