More domestic check-in options for Silver and Qantas Club Members

Discussion in 'Qantas Airways | Frequent Flyer' started by Chimpy, Oct 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Chimpy
    Original Member

Chimpy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just received an email from Qantas, it looks like we (Silver and Qantas Club Members) have now being given back our option to again use the "Premium Service desk at our domestic airports".

There was also this (could be of interest to some):

thewinchester, zpaul, sobore and 2 others like this.
  2. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    So shorn of the spin, does this mean "We realise that our Silver and Qantas Club members are also irritated by the clunky self-service bag tagging process"?

MissBurrill, Chimpy and zpaul like this.
  3. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    Got the same email. Should imagine there are a lot of Platinums very upset because Silver have been given something and what about them, it's eroding their benefits in some way.

MissBurrill, brinkers and Chimpy like this.
  4. brinkers
    Original Member

brinkers Gold Member

Status Points:
    Golds (such as me) got an improvement in luggage allowance. I'm sure the plats are upset.

MissBurrill and Chimpy like this.
  5. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    So are these revamped domestic premium desks for OW Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald members too?

Chimpy likes this.
  6. thewinchester
    Original Member

thewinchester Silver Member

Status Points:
    Benefits for OW tiers of other carriers always included these benefits, and these has not changed.

The only reason this announcement came out is that this benefit was removed from QF PS, QPNB and QPPS members with the introduction of NGCI. This caused a lot of consternation (sp?) amongst this members, which looks to have been seen by the carrier. They also likely saw that the demand for the premium desks weren't as high as first though, hence the second reason why this privilege was returned.

Sent using my Roman era abacus

MissBurrill and Chimpy like this.
  7. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I was under the impression that when they removed these desk there was no premium desk for OW elites to check into domestically at a lot of airports because they simply didn't exist anymore. Is this not true? So by bringing them back now OW elites have a premium desk to utilise for checking in.

Chimpy likes this.
  8. thewinchester
    Original Member

thewinchester Silver Member

Status Points:
    That assumption is incorrect. The premium desks were retained, but access removed only for those QF tiers I stated earlier (unless they were travelling DOM J of course).

OW elite tiers from airlines other than QF had always retained access to the Premium desk for Domestic travel, and if this did change a footnote would have been added to the OW website to reflect that (similar to that for AA restrictions on some tier benefits for domestic travel). To the best of my recollection, I do not recall any such footnote being added at the time of the original changes or since.

Chimpy likes this.
  9. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    That's great then. Another bad move by Qantas by the sounds of it but good move to bring it back for their own elites.

Thanks for clearing that one up for me!

Chimpy likes this.