More Delta Routes Offered for Just 5000 Miles One Way

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, May 17, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Delta isn't just testing 5000 mile one-way awards on the Los Angeles - San Francisco route. It's available to several cities, and not just from Los Angeles... though isn't available between several cities you might expect it. Know where you can fly for just 5000 SkyMiles each way. And why this remains a disturbing trend for the direction of the program. Continue reading More Delta Routes Offered for Just 5000 Miles One Way...

Continue reading...
  2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

sFor the life of me I just don't see the logic of the argument being presented here. Just because DL has decided to make short hop awards available at discounted amounts then ergo it will make other awards more expensive??
    How in the world do you arrive at that ridiculous conclusion??:rolleyes: This coming from one of the most vocal critics of programs award increases in the past.

Its weird when I find myself in the position defending the DL program but.they just cant win can they?... then I don't have write nonsense to attract readers to my blog ... why? me no have no blog?:)

All this begs the question where were you lot when AA did the same thing a few years ago ( or did you just conveniently forget?) and could point out where it resulted in them changing or increasing
    their awards directly or even indirectly as a result?

But I get it you are pissed because now other pax can fly at lower rates than all those miles you have accumulating by pushing the DL, the Suntrust and other cards with all those attendant reference fees for the last 14 plus yeas.
    Perhaps DL in this small way may be giving some consideration to their actuals flyers ( who accumulate lessor amounts of mile) rather than the credit card churning crowd. who by their greed and promotions has been perhaps the most influential reason in the program devaluations....hey tough luck I say.
    Last edited: May 17, 2015