More Brazil-US flights from American Airlines

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by jbcarioca, Jul 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://milepoint.com/forums/threads...rom-mia-to-brasilia-and-belo-horizonte.13732/
    Belo Horizonte and Brasilia move their current 4x week flights to daily.
    Manaus is scheduled also to receive daily 737-800 service beginning in May 2012.

More announcements from other carriers are expecting during the next few weeks. Jeff Smisek of the new United was in Brazil last week and declared the intention to have large increases in service but faulted infrastructure and equipment when he said no immediate changes would take place.

OY-JFS, zpaul and Gaucho like this.
  2. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    wonder if any of this increased capacity will spill over to EZE with feeder flights...??

OY-JFS, zpaul and jbcarioca like this.
  3. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have no clues. I wonder too. So far the big news is EK.

OY-JFS and zpaul like this.
  4. OY-JFS
    Original Member

OY-JFS Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/rio-business/american-airlines-boosts-new-york-rio-route/

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just booked this flight in F in mid-Dec returning to GIG. Most dates are already sold out in several low inventory classes throughout November-January. The recently introduced AMS-GIG flight from KLM is totally sold out in Business for many dates. It is hard to believe, with all the new capacity, that premium cabins are still nearly all saturated. We need even more capacity increases for Asia, US and Europe.

OY-JFS likes this.
  6. OY-JFS
    Original Member

OY-JFS Gold Member

Status Points:
    From CPH, a C-class ticket to GRU or GIG is usually around EUR3000, and often EUR3800 if you buy last minute. Roughly same prices with BA/LH/AF/TP/IB/LX/JJ. TK sometimes has bargains at EUR2500 (but with layover in IST on the outbound, and only to GRU). I have seen IB offering C at EUR1999 from ORY, but that is the only bargain from Europe in any premium cabin!
    OTOH, to South-Asian cities like BKK/SIN/KUL/HKG/HAN, you can easily find C-class seats at way under EUR2000. Distance and travel time is roughly the same.
    It confirms that the demand is higher than supply when it comes to business class seats between Europe and Brazil - but also that supply is higher than demand between Asia and Europe...

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are there any 5th Freedom rights? I'd imagine not many with Argentina.

jbcarioca likes this.
  8. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are some, including new ones. EK has it GIG-EZE beginning in January, for example, and QR has GRU-EZE. AA and PA have had numerous 5th freedoms in South America including Argentina-Brazil. AA does not now use them, but it is possible they may still have unused rights. There once was an IATA master list fo 5th Freedom rights that was public. I cannot find it now, so I think it has been withdrawn.

aptraveler and OY-JFS like this.