More and better CC offers coming?

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by Andycat, Sep 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Andycat

Andycat Silver Member

Status Points:
    MLW20 likes this.
  2. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Good question. It seems like "great" CC offers come and go. Never know when one will hit. Best bet is to be in a position to take advantage of an offer when it comes along.

2soonold, MLW20 and Sunshine7 like this.
  3. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Would love some more great travel cc's that aren't CHASE!

4. robertw477

robertw477 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agreed. I hate Chase. They are miserable. The field of cardmcompanies is very consolidated. We need an aggressive player in the field.

MX and marcwint55 like this.
  5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think the bigger problem with Chase is that there are a lot of Chase reward cards, but they won't let you have all of them (even they think that six or so cards is enough). Hence the desire for issuer diversification.

6. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    AMEN

DJP_707 and MLW20 like this.
  7. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    +1 other offers would be nice!

8. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It would be nice to see an increase in CC offers. The options of cards with big offers have lessened a bit but I've still manged to do very well this year!
    How about everyone else?

9. robertw477

robertw477 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would like to see some good offers tied to charge volume also. I dont think there are enough of those out there.

mikeef likes this.
  10. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You mean like bonus miles/points for charging like $10K, $15K, $20K in a year.
    that's one of the things I like about the Preferred Rewards Amex, and they really don't advertisement it, you have to search in the benefits to find mention of it. But along with 3 points for air, 2 for Gas & groceries, and 1 for everything else you get 15,000 bonus MR points after charging $30K in a year.

11. mikeef
    Original Member

mikeef Silver Member

Status Points:
    I really like Chase, actually. They have excellent bonuses, the customer service has always been good and I generally get approved for cards, as long as I play the game with care.

It can't be said often enough how important it is to work and play nicely with Chase. There are too many reports of their being willing to shut people down. It does not appear to be frequent, and I've opened several cards with them over the years, but they are simply too big in the travel rewards field to screw around with.

My relationship with them has always been good. They give me bonuses and I give them business. Chase makes me happy.

Mike

tebfunk, Espan, Dangjr213 and 3 others like this.
  12. sicemdawgs

sicemdawgs Silver Member

Status Points:

Same here. Chase has treated me well (good bonuses and customer service). I asked for a certain amount of points and each time they have obliged. Truly a symbiotic relationship.:D

Espan likes this.
  13. Espan

Espan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I also have no complaints yet w/ Chase. Sure, I'd like more diversity, and another AA 75K signup bonus or two, but no problems w/ Chase to complain about my end.

sicemdawgs likes this.
  14. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hate Chase from the standpoint that are that faceless corporation known as a "too big to fail" bank.

But as a CC company they have treated me well. Very well

memonrau and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  15. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a little non-faceless credit union account. Unfortunately they don't throw lots of miles at me.

iterfacio12 likes this.
  16. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    I love USAA, best company I have ever dealt with bar none. In fact my first foray into points was their World MC and Total Rewards Debit Cards (the Debit card doesn't earn points anymore) but I still have both as the MC is my oldest Credit account and there is no fee.

Dangjr213 likes this.
  17. Dangjr213

Dangjr213 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I love usaa as well. I don't use the credit card though, I only signed up for it because the depost @ home required a credit card when it first launched.

18. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Credit card used to be 2pts/$ while the Debit was 1/$, before I discovered the "game" I was happy when I got 1ct/pt from gift cards. They also do a sort of air travel redemption too but I never tried it.

Like I said I don't use it anymore but I will keep that thing until they cancel it on me.