Money spent; lesson learned.

Discussion in 'National | Emerald Club' started by 2soonold, Sep 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    I needed one more rental to make Executive. I had a one Saturday night stay in Wichita. It was a somewhat upscale event; but didn't rate a Luxury car. National does not have Aisle service at that location. Nor, do they offer Premium cars, which I feared would put me back in the "Impala zone". But, I could use my Emerald Club number on an Enterprise Premium car and get credit toward my Executive status.
    My plane got in late. I did not get the Buick Regal; they gave me the "or similar". My car was to be a Volvo c70. I trudged out to the lot to find my car was a brown Volvo c70 station wagon:eek:. At the very least, I wanted my premium car to have a trunk! I took a look around, and could only spot an older gray Crown Vic.
    Back inside to the counter. By now my phone was getting texts about where was I. The polite Enterprise rep checked the inventory for Premium cars. Seems the old gray Vic was the last one. At best, that ride could be said to have been serviceable.
    Next time, I'll book Emerald at National. I'll look over the lot first. I'll pick out three or four possible cars and then go to the counter and whine till they give me something I'm happy with.

At least, I had the nicest tie at the event.;)

uggboy likes this.
  2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ugh... brown C70 station wagon vs. Crown Vic.

I would have called a cab. :)

uggboy and 2soonold like this.
  3. techgirl
    Original Member

techgirl Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Nitpicky, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a C70... that's Volvo's convertible model. Maybe a C30 or V50?

4. techgirl
    Original Member

techgirl Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Or maybe an XC70... but not a C70. ;)

5. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was thinking the same thing :p I'm quite particular about cars. I've also rented multiple Volvos and enjoyed every one of them.

6. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think you are right. The contract said c70. Not being a fan of Volvos, I thought it might be a coupe.
    But when I google it, I think it was an xc70.
    It didn't suit my needs, and I thought it was not a "or similar" to a Buick Regal.
    However, the cupholder on the Vic would not hold a small drink cup from Wendy's; and the ashtray had a half eaten afterdinner mint still in it.
    Premium, indeed!