MommyPoints to Speak in Austin May 9, 2012

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by Miles, Apr 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Miles
    Original Member

Miles Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm pleased and proud to announce that popular travel blogger MommyPoints has agreed to speak at the May 9, 2012 meeting of the Austin (Texas) Retired Austin Travelers. Admission is free, and FTers and MPers are invited to attend.

The meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, May 9, 2012, 1:00 to 3:00 PM. The location is the Austin Public Library's Oak Hill Branch, at 5125 Convict Hill Rd. in southwest Austin.

You can find more information about RATs and the meeting at RATsOnline.org.

2. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm excited to do and honored to be invited. Should be fun! Trying to talk my mom (aka Grandma Points) into coming as well since she is a retired traveler herself. ;)

3. Status Traveller

Status Traveller Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wish I lived in the USA.
    I feel I miss out on so many opportunities to meet fellow US based Milepointers.:(

Hope you all enjoy!

storyteller likes this.
  4. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    So what shall MommyPoints be talking about? Premium Awards between Dallas & Houston? :p.. I kid I kid, Have fun presenting!

5. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    Shhhhh, who told you? According to Gary at the FTU I think I was looking for aspirational awards from Houston to San Antonio. ;) In case anyone is interested in attending, or interested in pushing a friend or family member who has been "miles and points hesitant" to attend, it will be the high level basics of earning and redeeming in the form of a 20 minute presentation. Some how to get started tips, and some basics on what earning and redeeming miles can do for you.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  6. wijomas
    Original Member

wijomas Gold Member

Status Points:
    As much as I'd love to come hang out with the oldies, I'll pass on this one. ;) Have fun!

Suitably named street given who the presenter is, though. :p

SC Flier and mommypoints like this.
  7. carwag25

carwag25 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Darnit... a day late and a dollar short. I happen to be flying into Austin tomorrow (5/10), sad to miss it MommyPoints!