mobile.united.com should end the non-text version

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by TravelerRob, Sep 9, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone else find the non-text version of mobile.united.com really annoying? All this horrible animation is useless IMO. But more importantly, on the non-text version you can't see the United GF waitlist. When clicking between United BF and United GF the data doesn't change. I'm using Chrome.

Also, it's super annoying when you use text mode, leave a waitlist up for a bit and refresh to find that the site has defaulted back to the full graphics version.

Hey, United...spend some IT resources on things that are helpful to us and please don't invest time on the non-text version of the mobile site. Thanks :)

-Rob

Wandering Aramean and Flyer1976 like this.
  2. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's a mobile site?! I always use the app.

3. TravelerRob
    Original Member

Status Points:
    mobile.united.com :) I use it when I'm at my desktop or laptop and don't want to fumble with the iPhone. Plus the screens don't time out as quickly as the iPhone app screens do (meaning they bring you back to the home screen more quickly).

4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am confused. :confused: Why then not just use the desktop/laptop version (united.com), which is "fuller" and more appropriate for a desktop/laptop?

5. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why don't you use the full united.com when on a computer? It has way more functionality.

6. TravelerRob
    Original Member

Status Points:
    It's a fair question but the full website is clunky compared to going to mobile.united.com - entering a three digit number, selecting a date from a radio button (not a drop down) and clicking submit. The "clicks to data" is lower via the mobile site plus it's a heck of a lot quicker to load.

But my point is still that UA should stop wasting IT resources on such a useless technology and instead focus them on useful IT things like their upcoming new website, iOS and Android apps, etc. Oh, and getting rid of the animations on mobile.united.com that are from 2005 would be nice :)

-Rob

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm OK with them keeping both versions - some people want the pretty, I guess. But please, please, please just set a cookie so I can choose the text version once and not have to go back every single time.

And, yes, I often use the mobile site on my laptop as well. It loads MUCH faster and gets me to the bits I need for most flight status functions and such.

Mackieman, TravelerRob and genemk2 like this.
  8. TravelerRob
    Original Member

Status Points:
    *EXACTLY*. But the fact they have the graphics version means it defaults to it every time and then times out to it after ~45 minutes of using the text version. Very annoying. I'm trying to save UA precious IT resource time :)

9. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    YMMV...

10. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wish that was controlled client-side. I was going to try writing a userscript for it a couple of years ago but never could determine what needed to happen.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  11. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've looked in to it as well. It isn't trivial from what I can see.

I'll just harass the people I know at United in hopes they fix it. That's a lot easier. :D

Mackieman likes this.
  12. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points: