Mobile App Qs

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Bay Pisco Shark, Mar 15, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not an AAdvantage member, but have a fair number of AA flights this year (which will post to AS). I don't want to waste my time with the app if I can't get my bookings in there. Does the app work in this situation, i.e., I can manually put flights in, but I'm not an AAdvantage member?

2. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    The login asks for your AA number and password. Even though you are crediting to AS, would it hurt to sign up for an AA number? I find it helpful for gate and baggage changes and status updates.

3. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think I want to wait until I have decided whether to actually join AA with a status match (whatever may be offered at the time), etc. I *may* have an AA account somewhere that is long long deactivated, consisting of the remnants of my AirCal account. :eek:

4. brodyf

brodyf Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can look up a reservation on the app with the record locator and passenger name. I don't think it will save that info for later use though without an AAdvantage number v

5. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Data point for users of older android phones (like me.) You will need to upgrade to 4.0 before June to keep using the app as they are revamping.