1. FORUMS NOW IN SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE

The forums will be read only during the maintenance window.
    We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll remove this notice once the maintenance is completed. The window is anticipated to be 1-3 days.

MM Status Match Treated as Lesser FF?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by SFOtoORD, Jun 10, 2018.

1. SFOtoORD

SFOtoORD Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife has her status matched to my 1K because I am a MM, but it feels like she is not treated the same way. In particular, the last three times she's flown solo she lost her previously reserved aisle E+ to a middle seat. In all cases she double checked the seat after booking and there were no equipment swaps. United has been unrepentant when the issue is raised as you'd expect. Is she just unlucky or getting treated worse because of her matched status? I fully realize this is a bit of conspiracy theory, so thanks for entertaining it.

NYRangers likes this.
  2. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    My +1 travels on her own a few times year and I haven't heard a word from her about any shenanigans like that. If anything due to her flexibility in traveling her cpu rate is better than mine.

3. Geo
    Original Member

Geo Gold Member

Status Points:
    My wife did have issues especially when she was travelling on an award ticket from my account. With my number on the ticket, she wasn't recognized for early boarding or free meals. Through 8 years of GS, it failed to change when status privileges stopped being provided to non-status award tickets. We had to make a point of calling in after the ticket was issued to get her status on it.

4. tommyd

tommyd New Member

Status Points:
    Just added my +1 this year, so far no problem except that he gets upgraded more than me!