MLE-DXB on points?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by rgmonkey, Jan 29, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. rgmonkey

rgmonkey Active Member

Status Points:
    I am trying to find a non-stop flight out of Maldives to Dubai that I can use Amex MR points. The only airline I see is EK and I don't think their redemption rate is all that great, especially the fees. Does anyone know of anything? I was thinking of just paying cash on flydubai but I haven't heard much about them other than what I pull up online. Any experiences on flydubai?

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I flew on FlyDubai a couple months ago. They are decidedly a LCC operation but if you can handle that for a few hours and the price is right then go for it. One of the planes had IFE (some free, some paid) and the other plane had no IFE. I don't know if they have a rhyme or reason to how they schedule them but I'd assume not. Pitch was tight and the experience was certainly not spectacular. But I got my money's worth.

3. MightyTravels

MightyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can use Virgin America points (transfer from AMEX) for the trip on EK. It's a rather god deal actually.

4. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP!

5. rgmonkey

rgmonkey Active Member

Status Points:
    Thank you guys and MSYgirl! I appreciate all the help. I'll look at the VX transfer. I'm sad that I missed the bonus from MR to VX points but it still not a great ratio. It's a 4.5 hour flight and thinking business may make for a better experience.