Mixup with Concierge and Air Canada Models

Discussion in 'SMD3 (Star MegaDO #3)' started by billatq, Sep 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. billatq

billatq Silver Member

Status Points:
    I didn't have room to pack my Air Canada models in my bag, so I left them with the concierge at the Hyatt in Montreal. Someone else had the same idea, only the concierge used my credit card for both of them, and then mixed up the boxes.

If you live in Makawao, HI and don't know how they ended up paying for shipping to you, I'd appreciate a PM.

2. global_happy_traveller
    Original Member

global_happy_traveller Silver Member

Status Points:
    You should have left them with me and I can help send off from Kinkos in Denver. My second luggage ended up 1/2 full. Less swag than anticipated.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you mark your box in some special way? I thought all of the AC model airplanes were the same.

4. billatq

billatq Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, in retrospect, I would have carried them by hand and shipped them from Denver. It would have cost less.

They are, and I've got mine, minus one. The problem is that one of mine got shipped to someone else and I got charged for it, to boot. I'm just hoping to get it resolved without having to resort to my credit card company, since I didn't technically authorize one of those shipments. :)

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    How did you get more than one of the AC model airplanes? I thought it was one per person, with watchers since this was an expensive gift.

6. billatq

billatq Silver Member

Status Points:
    It was one per person. I received a second one from a nice soul.

7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Someone on MP willingly gave up a nice model plane so that you would have a matched pair? That's extraordinary.

8. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Never underestimate the generosity of MPers (and FTers)! If nothing, I have learned they are some of the most giving people I have ever met!

MSPeconomist likes this.
  9. billatq

billatq Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, found out where it went. Hopefully he wont mind sending me the extra one back.

canucklehead likes this.