Missing mileage from AC

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by jumbo_cards, Jun 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jumbo_cards

jumbo_cards Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey guys,

I'm with Mileage Plus, and my girlfriend is with Aeroplan. We recently did a trip to China: SEA->YVR-PEK and back on AC, PEK->NKG on CA and HGH->PEK.

I noticed lately that AC's mileage is extremely slow or not posting at all. The mileages posted are the same between mileage plus and aeroplan... the trip to china was over a week and a half ago and I only see the mileage posted for SEA->YVR. Nothing for YVR-PEK. CA flight for PEK->NKG was posted 3 days after to UA and 5 days after to aeroplan.

I submitted a manual request on Aeroplan to have the YVR-PEK portion credited... I was wondering if anyone of you experieneced missing mileage posts recently? My past experiences with AC mile posting was uneventful and was always on time.

Back in mid may I traveled to YYZ via YVR, the posting was slow and was missing the last YVR->SEA leg as well.

I'm also postive that they have our FF numbers on the flights because it was showing UA*G on my boarding passes.

Thanks

2. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've done a lot of flying with AC, and only had one flight that did not post to UA, and that was because it was in one of the lowest fare classes. What fare class were you flying for the AC leg? If it was a Tango fare, then you will not get credit. UA will be able to give you a full answer when you submit a mileage credit request. However be warned that if it is because you were not in a qualifying fare class, the reply may arrive by mail.

3. jumbo_cards

jumbo_cards Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is tango plus, I verified it plenty of times -- and the round trip segments had identical booking classes. Hence it doesn't make sense if I only get credit for one of them... eg. sea-yvr (this happened twice now =/)