Missing EQMs from Chase United Credit Card Spend

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by hulagrrl210, Nov 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

I'm not sure how many others out there have the Chase United-Select Triple Miles Card (the dark grey one with the extra large tulip) or are familiar with it, but one of the benefits is supposedly up to 5,000 EQMs per dollar spent on United.

https://www.chase.com/online/Credit-Cards/united.htm#content_select

Today when I was comparing my United "bonus" EQM's (how United classifies the CC bonus) I noticed there is about a 750 EQM discrepancy between my online Mileage Plus Statement and my Chase statements/own records. I doubt they were slow to post as I haven't had any United spend in about 2 months, and at no time during the year have the numbers matched up. A few purchases have stuff been award ticket fees, but even if I subtract those out, it doesn't even come close to explaining the 750 EQM difference. I can't at any point figure out their math. It appears they are just screwing me.

I was wondering if anyone else has had issues with this card and/or United. Any suggestions on how to deal with this? Who do I even contact? Mileage Plus Customer Service?

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  2. yaychemistry

yaychemistry Silver Member

Status Points:
    There's a thread on FT about how long it takes to post the Chase EQM from the MP Visa. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...1273763-when-will-eqm-chase-mp-visa-post.html

The short story is that it can take a long time to post. I think the formula for posting is kind of complicated. It does seem like the EQM always post around the 25th of the month, but it's unclear exactly how many months after the purchase. The general consensus is that the RDM post on the first statement, then the EQM post on the 25th of the month after the second statement posts. However, in my case and a few others the EQM doesn't post after the second statement, but after the third. (e.g. it takes 3 months+ for the EQM to post). I have a personal theory about there being some sweep that takes place, but there are either so many people it has to sort through, or its poorly coded (or both), so it takes a long time. Thus the sweep doesn't always finish by the 25th after the second statement.

I would hang on until the end of the month to see if more EQM show up near the 25th or so.

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  3. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wish when the EQMs post, it would get it's own line item versus being buried in the total.

4. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Me too, but at least we can see it aside from flight-earned EQMs otherwise I never would have been able to pinpoint the problem!

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does CO's OnePass system handle this stuff differently (for, say, FlexEQM?)? It's really annoying to have to maintain spreadsheets and try to reconcile the EQM balance on united.com with flights, COS bonuses, and chase EQMs.

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  6. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmm. I don't see that.

I only get the CHASE CREDIT CARD PURCHASES line item with the RDM.

I can expand the Status miles number and it shows me "Bonus for promotions and booking codes" but that includes CoS EQMs.

The only way I know there are EQMs from the card is if deduct actual flight EQMs from the United.com displayed EQM total.

7. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've been crediting my MP account, so no idea how CO handles it.

However on United.com, if you click on the little arrow next to your Status miles, you'll get a breakdown of UA/UX EQMs, Partner EQMs and the "Bonus for promotions and booking codes" which includes CoS as well as any other EQM sources such as credit cards, promotions, etc.

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  8. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, but that doesn't help me much to reconcile my chase EQM I think I should be getting with those I have already received. I basically keep a spreadsheet that lists all united.com charges and check them off when I can identify based on the total EQM balance and my list of flights that they are included in the total balance.

hulagrrl210 and Scottrick like this.
  9. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    Right. That is why I said a few posts up that I wish UA would have line items for the EQMs.

Or even better, have it be similar to how they break down the miles for flights (flight miles, bonus for elite members, bonus for booking code ) they would do the same for the credit card charge line item.

10. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    Line items would be nice, like CO has. Then maybe I would've realized sooner why I had too many EQM (didn't account for 500 mile minimums in my spreadsheet). Instead I spent a day re-entering all my information. Still, a nice problem to have.

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  11. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    DL has EQMs broken out by line, also. I've been wanting this for years.

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  12. Lighthouse
    Original Member

Lighthouse Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are the EQM's credited at the time of the charge or only when they actually are deposited into the account? We will need the EQM credit this year to attain premier status.