Missing bonus miles from BA Chase 100k

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by wolfsatz, May 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. wolfsatz
    Original Member

wolfsatz Silver Member

Status Points:
    So, I got the BA Chase card back in April and met the qualifying bonus spend ($2500 within 90 days) very quickly. On May 11, my BA Executive Club account was credited with 54,000 some odd miles for first purchase bonus and the dollars spent miles, but no sign of the spend bonus.

Has anyone had any problems receiving that 2nd bonus?

2. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    Has the statement closed for the period in which you achieved the qualifying spend?

3. wolfsatz
    Original Member

wolfsatz Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yep!

4. steelgal32
    Original Member

steelgal32 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am also waiting for my additional points after meeting the spend.....I gave them the benefit of doubt, but today citi AA did the same thing......I think it's best to be proactive and start making phone calls

YULtide likes this.
  5. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't gotten any of the bonus miles yet. My first pay period has closed and I have now reached the $2500 during the second pay period, but all I have received are the miles for the inital purchases (made during period 1). I cofirmed with the CSR that I was eligible for and would receive the promotion when I called to check my application.

How long did it take for the initial 50,000 mile bonus to post for you all?

6. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thinking about the Priority Club promotion with Chase I think it normally took about two cycles for the points to post. However, I have never heard of anyone being diddled by Chase/

7. penumpang
    Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've met the first purchase requirement and I'm currently working on the $2500 requirement. My first statement closed on 5/18, but I haven't seen the miles transferred to BA. My Chase statement however shows 51,000 odd miles. I called Chase and the CSR told me that they didn't have my BA number (I provided with one in the application). He said he put a note on a my account and it would take 7-10 business days for Chase and BA to sort this out. I hope that's the case. I'm worried about my miles. :(

Did anyone experience something like this, where you see the miles posted on your Chase statement but were not transferred to BA?

8. wolfsatz
    Original Member

wolfsatz Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not positive, but I believe they posted almost 1 month to the day that the account was opened.

jmrich1432 likes this.
  9. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! I will have to check back in a few days then...

10. Tivoboy
    Original Member

Tivoboy Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I signed up my PIL for the card back in early MAY, haven't seen anything post to their BA accounts yet, no 50K sign up bonus nor the 50K for spend (which they did about a day afterwards)

Is this too early to be concerned?

11. tlott
    Original Member

tlott Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wouldn't worry yet. Wait for your 2nd statement. My first statement posted (after spending over the spend for 100k points) with 0 points credited. I contacted them via online message (that way I had a paper trail) and confirmed I was enrolled in the 50k+50k promo. 100k posted on my 2nd statement.

12. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    Back in November 2009, I signed up for this, spent $2,500 in less than a month, first 50k posted, second 50k took a few weeks, but they did post without any further inquiry with Chase. Just wait till your second cycle closes, if miles are still not posting, then make some fuss through email messaging system, they will investigate