Missed flights, GREAT experience!

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by gregm, Feb 22, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    I missed my 09:45 flight from CLT yesterday AM by minutes. From the moment I spoke to the wonderful girl at the ticket counter the day only got better. All flights to my destinations, ATL then FLL were full, but bless their hearts (and my status) they got me on the 11:15 to ATL, window seat in Economy Comfort. Although I was booked standby on the 13:55 flight, I got to ATL in time to try for the 12:55 to FLL which was leaving from the same concourse, but other end. (B26 to B6) I called the Diamond line when we touched down and the rep was able to "tentatively" get me on standby for that flight. Ran from one gate to the other and the gate agent, was almost done boarding the flight, alone. I waited until the entire flight was boarded and she then scanned my Diamond Medallion card. One seat left, also in EC, and an aisle seat! I boarded, with a HUGE smile. The FAs noticed I was flushed from running and got me a bottled H2O. My luggage didn't make it but Delta had it delivered to my home by 19:00!! I was home no later than an hour than originally planned, had no middle seats, and didn't have to wait to pick up my bag. Thanks, Delta.

2. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Things does not always have to be bad and when the people around you helped, remember to say Thanks! :)

Are you voting for Delta then :p

gregm likes this.
  3. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    I said "thank you" so many times Friday, to everyone involved, and submitted an on-line compliment with everyones names, job descriptions and flight #s.

Already voted, and yes, Delta.

Flyer1976 likes this.