Missed first night but not all week...what about the points?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Indiana Delta Diamond, Feb 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Indiana Delta Diamond
    Original Member

Indiana Delta Diamond Silver Member

Status Points:
    So, I missed a connection and I am not making it to my hotel tonight. I called them and told them and he said it was all taken care of. I actually didn't ask about the charge for the night because I wanted to address it in person.

So, I know you are supposed to be there to get credit but in reality what will happen if I end up being there during the rest of the stay. What will my folio look like? AND it was supposed to be a 4 night stay, quad points or triple points?

2. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    What time did you call? I think it all depends on if you are charged. If they do charge you for the night then I suspect you will get credit for the 4 nights. If they don't charge you, then you will probably get only 3 nights credit.

Since you called and it was due to a flight delay I suspect that you will not be charged for the night.

3. Indiana Delta Diamond
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I got that, it was after the cutoff time. I specifically didn't ask about it, because honestly, I want to be charged....but I suspect I won't be. I think it goes without saying that if they don't charge me I will get 3 nights credit and only triple points.

4. Westsox
    Original Member

Westsox Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am sure they would not object to charging you for the night you missed. They are in the business of trying to make money. Ask them to charge you, you will likely get a strange look and maybe a few questions but I cannot think of a good reason why they might say no.

5. Indiana Delta Diamond
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Unless they want to insist on the points issue of actually staying in the room....not sure if the hotel is fessing up extra money for the quad points promo or not. They could insist on charging me and not giving me points credit for the night. I will know this evening.

6. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Good luck with your quest of getting charged.

Indiana Delta Diamond likes this.
  7. Indiana Delta Diamond
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Theoretically, the company isn't out any more money since the airline pay for last nights hotel in another location.

8. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    that's an interesting comment, lol

9. Indiana Delta Diamond
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Still up in the air. The agent that checked me in didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I have been in this hotel before and I know who I need to speak to about it. :)

10. JDiver
    Original Member

JDiver Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wait for a decent hour, speak to the manager or the person you say you know will be the one you prefer to address, be appreciative they accommodated your unforeseen schedule change and do some nice, face to face negotiating. Good luck!

11. Indiana Delta Diamond
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I was never able to find the person that I know I needed to talk to. I gave up and settled for not being charged and triple points.

12. I have arrived so late due to delays and a drive that they did not post the first night charges to my account as if they are saving my company money. I then have to explain to my company why there is no Sunday night stay. I have never been charged if there is a travel delay and I am staying other nights as well. I too thought it an odd perspective that the OP wanted to be charged as a no-show. It might be a nice change to have an deep-pocket employer that would pay for a night for quad points. Funny

13. Indiana Delta Diamond
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Rest assured that is not the case. It was a nice that they were going to be paying for anyway. The airline picked up the hotel at the other location. Sure, since I didn't get charged they saved that money. ALL I really wanted is that IF I was going to get charged, then to count it just like I stayed there to qualify for the quad promo. Either way, no big deal, I am not THAT dedicated to the points.

14. Now I like that and it has happened. The airline puts me up in a dump late at night after lying about the pending success of their maintenance and not booking me on other routes and then my company will question the LACK of a charge. I'll take those points for pain and suffering!