Mini Travel App-o-Rama

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by neil, Feb 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. neil
    Original Member

neil Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is probably more of a super-mini AOR. Honestly, I couldn't find a lot that I hadn't already taken advantage of or was churnable.

790 Credit Karma, didn't really check anything else. Not planning on needing a big loan for another 4 or so years, so until then I'll keep on churning.

-AMEX Platinum 50K approved (instant)
    -AMEX Hilton HHonors Surpass 40K approved (instant)
    -Citi AAdvantage VISA 75K approved
    -Citi AAdvantage AMEX 75K approved
    -Chase Hyatt 2 free nights deferred, will close Freedom and hopefully open this

Decided to forgo the US Airways 35K because of too many reports of people getting shafted for the lesser card. Also decided against the Priority Club Chase; Hyatt was better for my purposes. Already have the Chase CO, SPG Personal, and SPG Business.

75K Delta SkyMiles + Silver Medallion, 40K HHonors + Gold, 150K AAdvantage, +/- 2 free Hyatt nights (I'm optimistic that I can deal my way to that card.)

Sahkuhnder and miles and smiles like this.
  2. mikeef
    Original Member

mikeef Silver Member

Status Points:
    Congrats! I'm planning an app-o-rama now, since I'm going back to doing coins.

Mike

neil likes this.
  3. nomflyer
    Original Member

nomflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing your results! My applications were spread out over the course of last year, and finally got bit when I was denied the Chase CO card. For the next round I'll definitely plan it out like this.

4. neil
    Original Member

neil Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did you try calling and closing another Chase account to get approval for the CO?

nomflyer likes this.
  5. nomflyer
    Original Member

nomflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tried asking if they could close my Sapphire card but they wouldn't. I'm guessing it was too new. It may have also had to do with that fact that I also got the BA card at the beginning of last year, which I did close in order to get the Sapphire card.

I'll wait a few more months before I try Chase again. I'm deciding if I should try for the Hyatt or CO/UA card. Does Chase ever approve 2 cards at the same time? They seem to be the most strict when it comes to churning.

neil likes this.
  6. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I did the App-o-Rama last year (or better said December 2009) where the offers I got were so cool until the newer offers started popping up that blew mine out of the water.

I plan to do another App-o-Rama when I return from SE Asia in six months, hopefully the offers will be even better then.

neil likes this.
  7. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting, as Frugal Travel Guy just did 6 apps in one day earlier this week.
    I'm doing an app fast for a couple months. My drawer can hold only so many cards.[​IMG]

neil likes this.
  8. neil
    Original Member

neil Silver Member

Status Points:
    I see.
    I don't think I've ever tried 2 Chase cards at the same time, as you're right about them seeming the strictest. Would rather have a 1/1 than an 0/2 (err, obviously.)

9. neil
    Original Member

neil Silver Member

Status Points:
    Keep us updated. I'll probably do another one in late summer as well...

10. metallim

metallim Active Member

Status Points:
    i've found that every chase card myself/spouse were denied for i was able to call them up and work it out... definitely worth a try.

neil likes this.
  11. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had the same experience. Only denied once, called to check on the status, and without even asking for reconsideration was offered the card.

neil likes this.
  12. neil
    Original Member

neil Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's what I'm hoping for.
    Just waiting for the letter in the mail.

13. neil
    Original Member

neil Silver Member

Status Points:
    Approved for the Hyatt card!

They automatically moved $7K from my Amazon card.