Million Milers Balance

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by sammyh, Dec 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sammyh

sammyh Active Member

Status Points:
    Some advice please...

My current Million Milers Balance is 1,987,653 (all from Citicard before the change:)) but don't fly much AA these days.
    Should I push to the 2MM before the merger?
    Mileage run this year? or next year ok too?
    I can get BA flights in soon, do they count towards Million miler balance if i credit the miles to AA?

Thanks..

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    a) If you don't fly AA there' s no hurry unless you need the Sapphire benefit on other OW flights.
    b) Yes BA flights can be credited to AA as status mIles.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    marcwint55 likes this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not knowing what the changes will be, I would get the lifetime platinum in just in case it disappears. Keep in mind that US airways only has a one million mile life status, nothing higher than that.

4. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Based on public comments from Maya and Suzanne I'd be pretty surprised if the MM program sees changes in the near future. Anything's possible, but Suzanne has been named to run the combined program and I doubt this is high on the list during integration.

Garp74 likes this.
  5. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't know that there is an immediate need to get a mileage run done this year, but to be under 13,000 miles away and not even bother does seem a little silly. To echo the remarks of @Pizzaman I wouldn't think that abolishing or fundamentally changing the MM program is very high on their list. May as well grab lifetime PLT... if nothing else to say you did it. :)

traveltoomuch likes this.
  6. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fair enough but if the OP did any flying on US Airways (or earned any miles in their program) there is a good chance that if the MM program is to be retained then some of that
    would out of fairness to UA members have to go towards the AA MM totals.

Since the OP already has AA Gold there really is no need to hurry.....the programs are going take some (and likely a lot more) time to be integrated ( not Dec 9.. today) as some seem to think.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  7. zphelj

zphelj Gold Member

Status Points:
    Plat vs Gold though is a nice bump (100% vs 25% miles credit, etc.) - and if not flying much on AA then the MM status is what the OP is using, not any yearly earned status. So .. needing just 13k but probably no rush to make sure it's grandfathered I'd be trying to fly those 13k on AA next year. If I had simply no travel planned I would consider a MR just to knock it out and stop thinking about it :)

8. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    When I was within 50K of 1MM at UA, and 2MM at AA, I did accelerate my flying as I didn't want to see those benefits disappear. My feeling at the time was why risk any program changes when you're so close to taste the lifetime status.

In retrospect, I was a fool doing that with UA as they took away the benefits I was looking forward to after I hit 1MM (100% bonus miles and regional upgrades, both gone now at 1MM), and don't have any immediate need for the lifetime status at AA, though it's nice to have it locked in. I'd probably do the same thing again, though, if I didn't have lifetime status already, hoping that AA would not take away benefits like UA has.