Million Mile Status Counter and Assorted Questions

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by Cody, May 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Cody
    Original Member

Cody Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know of several people who have told me their AS account now shows a million mile countdown in the profile area. Anyone know what the threshold is before this counter shows up? 500k? 600k? More?

Also does anyone know if the million miles for lifetime status only includes revenue tickets? Does it exclude MVP/MVPG and paid 1st class bonuses?

Couldn't seem to find many details on the interwebs.

Thanks!

2. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    The progress bar towards to 1 Million Miles begins at 300,000 "butt-in-seat" miles... That excludes the 500 mile minimums, so if you flew PDX-SEA you will get 500 miles plus whatever bonus posted into you account, but only 129 miles towards to Million Miler...

Yes, the MM includes only revenue tickets on Alaska or Horizon and it excludes paid F and elite bonuses...

I see you have a goal ;)

3. Cody
    Original Member

Cody Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. A small goal, but a goal nonetheless!

4. RedTape
    Original Member

RedTape Silver Member

Status Points:
    hmm...can I ask for retro credit for AS flights I flew without an MP number??

5. ctporter
    Original Member

ctporter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I should know this, but.. do the status level miles come only from actual BIS or from bonus (such as the 500 min)?

6. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am not too sure... Generally, airlines have a time frame of how far since a specific flight you can continue to claim credit [usually up to 1 year after that flight]... Knowing AS/QX, they do make exceptions, so I would give it a shot...

BIS :( I was shocked when I found this out, and I believe only AS/QX does that... Makes it even harder to reach 1MM since a good chunk of AS/QX's flights are under 500 miles..

7. RedTape
    Original Member

RedTape Silver Member

Status Points:
    Im approaching 200K BIS on AS, but I used to try and separate work/personal miles for other reasons, and those AS miles went into my NW account. I'm sure they're just measuring BIS miles as a mileage plan accruing passenger.
    I don't expect to hit the 7 digit threshhold, so it isn't much of an issue in the scheme of things....

8. dgreen12
    Original Member

dgreen12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    After moving to GEG in early 2005, and being Gold from 2006 through the current time period, I was advised this morning (via an inquiry through the Gold telephone number) that my Million Mile status qualifying miles are.......

172,393 (woohoo!)

I've got over 850k in available miles --- Haven't burned any yet, since the other half never has any time to take an extended trip now that he's finally here with me in the same city.

Lots of my longer flights were on NW and now DL and are credited to AS. Too many flights to/from PDX and SEA from GEG where I only get the BIS miles credited towards Million Mile status. And lots of bonuses for buying one-ways using the AS Visa card.

I'm actually surprised that I'm up to nearly 175k on AS/QX. Must. Fly. More.