Million Mile Companion

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by bkwhoppa66, Mar 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. bkwhoppa66

bkwhoppa66 Active Member

Status Points:
    I believe UA Insider has stated that it will take up to two weeks for MM companions to receive their credentials. I can't help but feel this is a little bogus as the airlines certainly had plenty of time to prepare for this and one of the touted benefits of the new MileagePlus program is currently being denied. I fully admit that in the grand scheme of things that two weeks in this merger process is nothing, but at the same time I think it's simply wrong for United to advertise the benefit to Million Milers and not provide the benefit when the program starts.

As a final thought/question, does anyone know if it will indeed be a hard two weeks before MM companions receive credentials or is there any chance it might be before then?

2. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would think the companion benefit has to come after integration because only now are they going to see the correct Lifetime Miles combined from UA and CO as of 3/3. So once they have figured out who is a MM, then they can figure out who can get the Companion Benefit.

3. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't trust them to get all frequent flyer's cards out within 2 weeks. And, IMHO, frequent flyer cards (especially 1K) should be sent out before companion cards.

I know some people have gotten cards, but not one person in our company has yet...

4. bkwhoppa66

bkwhoppa66 Active Member

Status Points:
    I would agree for those who would be gaining million mile status as a result of the combination, but there were many pmUA MM who could register their companions before the integration date. The new United already knew these people were Million Milers.

5. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm sure it's easier to do everything all at once. Think big picture.