Millennium Hilton Seoul

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by AHN, Feb 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. AHN
    Original Member

AHN Silver Member

Status Points:
    We just got back from a very pleasant stay at the Millennium Hilton Seoul. The hotel is currently undergoing renovation and the top four floors are currently closed, including the executive lounge. There is a room at the lower lobby level that serves as lounge now, and breakfast is served in the Cilantro restaurant at the lobby level (06.00 to 10.30). Alcohol was served in the lounge between 17.30 and 20.30 and there was also some food on offer at that time, substantial enough to serve as dinner for some guests. The lounge itself stayed open until 22.00.

The KAL limousine bus was a very convenient way of getting to and from ICN, with departures every 30 minutes and a bus stop right in front of the hotel. Tickets for the return could be bought in the reception.

The location was fine for a first time visitor, and seemed much better (and more central) than the other Hilton in Seoul. We like walking, and moved about on foot and in Seoul’s inexpensive taxis. The hotel seemed to be almost full, in part because four floors were closed.

A surprising touch was the provision of a laptop and a local mobile phone in the room. We had no use for the phone, so I didn’t make a note of the prices. In addition to the provided laptop we used our own computer and iPhones, and all charges had been removed from our bill before we checked out.

Finally I want to say that the staff was outstanding in everything except their understanding of English, which sometimes left something to be desired and which caused them great embarrassment.

restlessinRNO, Fredd and gemac like this.
  2. pauleeepaul
    Original Member

pauleeepaul Active Member

Status Points:
    Hello G- I was there last week checked out 2/14- did we overlap- would have been funny to see you again in another Hilton :)

Agree with all your points. The "other" Hilton (Grand) is a self contained mega conference center in an out of the way location. The thing with Seoul is it is such a sprawling city- with awful traffic- so location is key. My business is on the south side of the river so i stayed in the Millenium over the weekend and then moved to one of the ICs to be closer to the office.

This was my third trip to Asia since Xmas- I am glad to be home now- and no travel in March. :)

AHN likes this.
  3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    What is the closest subway line to this Hilton? How far is the walk?

4. AHN
    Original Member

AHN Silver Member

Status Points:
    You just missed me! We checked in that same evening. It would have been great to see you again, but I'm sure we'll meet again in some lounge, some where, some day. [​IMG]

5. AHN
    Original Member

AHN Silver Member

Status Points:
    Line 4. Not sure about the walk since I never took the subway, but the concierge said five to ten minutes.

gemac likes this.
  6. restlessinRNO
    Original Member

restlessinRNO Silver Member

Status Points:
    AHN - Thank you for this update, as I'll be staying there next month. Do you recall the cost of the KAL limousine bus?

7. AHN
    Original Member

AHN Silver Member

Status Points:
    It was 15.000 Won per person. They sell tickets at a desk by the exit from the terminal. (Between exit 4 and 5, if I remember correctly).

8. gvdIAD
    Original Member

gvdIAD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can anyone tell me how feasible it is to get to ICN from the Millennium Hilton by train? I'm going to be staying there next month and am on the 5:15 pm flight to SFO. I've heard Seoul traffic is pretty bad, so wonder if the train might be a better bet.

9. AHN
    Original Member

AHN Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seoul station is walkable in a few minutes, but it is a steep uphill walk. I would not do it with checked luggage. Also, it is such a short distance that a taxi driver might be disinclined to carry you.

10. restlessinRNO
    Original Member

restlessinRNO Silver Member

Status Points:
    From my investigation, the new Airport Railway (AREX) currently just connects ICN to Gimpo Airport subway station, so one would need to take the subway from Seoul Station to Gimpo (line 1 and line 5) and then transfer to AREX. Can someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

11. AHN
    Original Member

AHN Silver Member

Status Points:
    AREX was extended to Seoul station quite recently.

12. DHahn
    Original Member

DHahn Silver Member

Status Points:
  13. Jim
    Original Member

Jim Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree with the uphill walk. Not a bad walk, but it can be exciting in the winter time. I would not consider hauling luggage up that hill. As I recall, to get into the hotel from the station, you meander through the parking deck and there are some stairs involved. Not bad, it would just be a PITA with luggage.

14. gvdIAD
    Original Member

gvdIAD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm here now, and wanted to note that the Executive Lounges are closed through the end of April for renovation work. The hotel is using one of the lower level meeting rooms as a makeshift lounge, but it gets quite crowded in the evening and the offerings are meager at best. Breakfast, though, is a full buffet at Cilantro, one of the main restaurants on the ground floor. The rooms are spacious, and I find the internet to be quite fast. The hill others have mentioned upthread is a bit of a doozy. I'm glad I opted for the limousine bus service on the way here from ICN.