MileWise

Discussion in 'MileWise' started by ethanrjones, Jun 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ethanrjones

ethanrjones Member

Status Points:
    Hey everyone!

I'm interning at MileWise this summer, and wanted to get some feedback on the recent changes and new developments recently rolled out on the website.

MileWise allows users to search for flights using cash, miles, and points, and helps to value different options while taking into account price, mileage balances, and elite status.

For instance, MileWise now integrates with AwardWallet and no longer requires users to re-enter their mileage programs. Additionally, the WisePrice algorithm has been updated to ensure that distance flown, cabin, and class of service bonuses are accurately accounted for in valuation. The search engine now shows several partner redemptions, with many more on the way.

Also, a few other cool features such as Price Alerts and Trip Discovery were just added in. We'd love to hear your thoughts and look forward to incorporating additional feedback to make MileWise more useful. Thanks everyone!

jrp2 likes this.
  2. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    First, welcome to Mile Point. Second, I am not familiar with this site, so I will have to check it out. Thanks for your post. Third, Good luck with the internship!

ethanrjones and PLUS_1 like this.
  3. Dreamworks

Dreamworks Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like your site. Since you have all my points though. I think it would be cool if you could figure out packages (flight, hotel, rental car) with points. But so far, I enjoy seeing the options. And the cash value of the points.

jrp2 and ethanrjones like this.
  4. ethanrjones

ethanrjones Member

Status Points:
    Thank you! Sounds great. I'd love to hear your feedback when you have the chance!

That's a great idea, and definitely one for future consideration. Were you able to import from Award Wallet and run any flight searches?

jrp2 likes this.
  5. Dreamworks

Dreamworks Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was. Thanks. Though I'm not sure why it shows me points from cards I don't have (Citi, Capital 1) That should be filtered out.

jrp2 likes this.
  6. ethanrjones

ethanrjones Member

Status Points:
    Good feedback. I agree that options shouldn't be auto-selected unless you've indicated that you have the card. I'll be sure to pass this along; thank you!

Dreamworks likes this.