MilesQuest - Free 39 Week Subscription to Wall Street Journal

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Apr 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    These always go fast Go here, fill in your name, address, date of birth, and email and you will get a free 39 week subscription to the Wall Street Journal. No credit card is required so you don’t have to worry about any dubious charges. I have just completed this deal from six months ago [...]
    ©MilesQuest, a BoardingArea Blog

Continue reading...

jwsky likes this.
  2. jwsky
    Original Member

jwsky Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, I jumped in on it. Hope I do not regret it. Something for nothing makes me nervous.

3. jwsky
    Original Member

jwsky Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just found my first copy in my driveway this morning. Thanks for the tip BoardingArea and milesquest!

4. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    AA's Mags for Miles will give you a full year of WSJ for 2,600 miles and no co-pay. Several other business magazine for 1,000 or so (Economist for 3,200). It was a great way for me to keep my AA account active since I never fly them these days. Only downside is that it does not count as a real print subscription, so you won't get online access for free.

jwsky likes this.
  5. jwsky
    Original Member

jwsky Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, my 39 weeks is almost gone. I really like the WSJ except the editorial page.

The deals I find right now are AA 2900 miles gets 39 weeks and Delta skymiles 2417 miles gets 39 weeks.

Does anyone know of a better deal?

6. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know of a better deal using points, but my experience is that the renewal offers get more generous with time. I recently renewed at the student rate (a great deal, $99/year) but apparently the message didn't get through somewhere because I still get letters asking me to renew my original miles subscription. What originally started out at $400/year, the usual price, has gone down with each letter. The recent one, received after the first subscription expired, asked me to come back and offered a year for ~$250. So you might try calling up and negotiating a price. I think their CS reps have the power to print up a custom invoice.