Miles posting to someone else's DM account

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by RedM3Pilot, Feb 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. RedM3Pilot
    Original Member

RedM3Pilot Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's all been sorted out and taken care of but this is what happened on one of my itineraries from last week:
    • Booked the trip last month, confirmation receipt has all the correct info.
    • Upgrade wizard says "Your upgrade is confirmed" on all segments at my Gold window, I'm happy.
    • Get on the flights, the Kettle Classics and Jack Daniel's were generously served, I'm quite pleased.
    • 2 days later, miles haven't posted. I decide to give it another day.
    • On the third day, still no miles for that itinerary. And I notice that particular one isn't listed with the others. I start to worry.
    • I use "Look up itinerary" and discover that it still has my name on it but with someone else's DM account number (totally random, it isn't my wife's nor my stepson's account). :eek:
    • So last night, it was time to call US. They find the problem within 5 minutes, indicating that Mr. Someone Else flew on the same itinerary. Hey, how come I didn't get his miles? :mad:
    • CSR tells me not to worry. They'll take care of it. :cool:
    • Of course, I check my account this morning. All is good with my miles. :D
    Any of you experience a similar glitch?

piqaro likes this.
  2. dcpatti
    Original Member

dcpatti Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had an award itinerary deducted from my account for a completely unrelated DM member. Called US, they figured out the mistake quickly, and I got my miles back in about 30 minutes. I chalked that up to a simple data entry error (and also wondered why anyone would pay 50k miles to go from PHL-CLT in coach but hey, it's not up to me to decide these things). In your case, I'd imagine that Mr Someone Else had an identical name to yours and things just got confused. That happens to me sometimes when I travel with my sister, as we have the same first name (thanks a lot, mom) but we usually have it sorted out before we travel, just because we KNOW it's going to cause issues.

RedM3Pilot likes this.
  3. RedM3Pilot
    Original Member

RedM3Pilot Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same first name as your sister...that must've been fun in school. [​IMG]

In any event, I don't think Mr. Someone Else could possibly have the same name. My other travel documents list me as "F Scott Fitzgerald" or "Francis Scott Fitzgerald" while Dividend Miles knows me as "FScott Fitzgerald."

And in real life, "Fitzgerald" is an uncommon name that is deemed unpronounceable, even back on the native island.

I'll have to see if it happens again on Friday. I hope not. [​IMG]

4. kellio
    Original Member

kellio Gold Member

Status Points:
    I should probably take this over to the lounge thread but how and why did you and your sister have the same first names?

actually, I'll put it over there so as not to derail this topic too much.