Miles Posting Really Slow Now

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by miketown, May 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. miketown
    Original Member

miketown Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone else noticing that miles are posting really slowly now? The old united would show my flight history over night; now it's taking 2+ days.

*exhale*

I'm sure this is covered elsewhere, apologies...

aptraveler likes this.
  2. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Last month, mine posted 24 hours on the nosey.

My flight on the 26th posted exactly 48h. My flight on the 30th started posting at 72h and just finally showed all the numbers this afternoon.

Normally, 1-4 days is fine with me for UA metal flights, but I happen to be hovering over my account so I can get an award booked for my son's gf. (He'll have to wait until later in the month for his own ticket, lol)

aptraveler likes this.
  3. sdm1130
    Original Member

sdm1130 Gold Member

Status Points:
    2-3 days was pretty standard for PMCO. They almost always post on their own, so I don't see a big deal between 24 hours and 48-72 hours.

I believe Smisek said they were working on speeding this up a bit, but I don't think an exact time frame was given. Hopefully they are working on more important things first...

4. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Exactly. So long as I don't have to start keeping a spreadsheet for holes in posting, I'm good with it. I keep a spreadsheet anyway, but that's partly because I keep it for planning future mileage, too, so mileage posting is simply an outgrowth of turning one kind of spreadsheet line into another.

5. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    SMI/J stated that the policy is currently 4 days for posting, and that they are working to get to 2 days -- they didn't anticipate this being an issue for people, but it will not ever get as fast as sUA.

6. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Methinks FLIBS is fibbing as goalie-parents flew PBI-IAH-SFO on 4/25 and their miles haven't posted compared to me flying SFO-IAH-PBI on 4/18 and PBI-IAH-SFO on 4/22 with all my miles posting 72 hours after flying so after 6 days*, I submitted missing mileage requests for my folks.

*8 days if you count weekends but evidently COdbaUA doesn't post on weekends the way PMUA did

desamo likes this.
  7. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    It seems that right now it's even a bit slower than CO used to be. That said, Monday's flights posted sometime during the day today, which is better than I had a few weeks ago when it was running about a week.

Nothing is as fast as DL was about 10-11 years ago – they could manage to post miles between the time you boarded the aircraft and it landed at its destination.

8. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    They are posting on weekends. I had my Th flight post mid-Sat.

goalie and aptraveler like this.
  9. aptraveler

aptraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I have also noticed a slowdown in the time they are taking to post. My flight flight back from FTU (EWR-IAH) on the 30th, finally posted this afternoon. :cool:

10. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Probably ours posted within minutes of each other's. I'm wondering if they're not posting Sa/Su flights until 2-3 days later and they get backed up for the Monday flights.

11. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got my 4/27 flight posted on 5/1 and my 4/29 flight on 5/3. One was sUA, the other sCO.

12. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe it was the request for missing mileage credit (or maybe it wasn't ;)) but I submitted the request around 8am pst yesterday (5/3) and the miles from 4/25 posted last night (5/3) around 8pm