miles / points management apps - which is best ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Albatross, Aug 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Albatross

Albatross New Member

Status Points:
    what is the best points / miles management app ??
    some have award availability search, new specials etc.
    I have seen :

usingmiles.com
    awardwallet
    expertflyer
    points.com

any help on choosing would be appreciated.

2. misterbwong

misterbwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    It depends what you need from it. I use awardwallet for tracking balances. If you need availability, that cuts down your list to expertflyer.

3. goheerow

goheerow Silver Member

Status Points:
    Award Wallet is probably the most popular now? Their site runs really well and I haven't had a problem with them yet.

Mikus33 and edekba like this.
  4. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    popular doesnt mean the best necessarily. But I myself also use awardwallet.

Since most of them are free; try them. Add a few accounts give it a run through & see which one you like. Then delete accounts you don't use.

Mikus33 and goheerow like this.
  5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been using ... eh ... usingmiles since the beginning and was grand fathered into the premium version when they switched to the current "freemium" setup.

It's mostly good although temperamental -- I still haven't gotten my Iberia or Jetblue accounts to work -- and some of the programs are still showing as "coming soon" but overall it's actually pretty good.

6. BWIflyer
    Original Member

BWIflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anybody use gomiles.com

7. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wandering Aramean does.

8. tomschouteden

tomschouteden Active Member

Status Points:
    I've used awardwallet for a while, but think pointshub has a much cleaner interface

9. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    He's also involved with the product in some capacity.

10. mvecchi4

mvecchi4 Active Member

Status Points:
    I've been having an issue with AwardWallet that I don't know if any of you have.

I've been unable to get AwatdWallet to connect with my WyndhamRewards account, it keeps saying the site is requesting further information. Does anyone know how to fix that?.

Also it's a bit sad not to see AAdvantage in the programs supported by the app. Or pherhaps I just missed it?

11. BWIflyer
    Original Member

BWIflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    AA, Delta and WN do not allow them to access their site.

edekba likes this.
  12. Dad to GO

Dad to GO Silver Member

Status Points:
    It really is a shame that they don't allow Award Wallet to interface with them. It's not like Award Wallet is taking business away from them. Award Wallet is just making it easier for the frequent traveler/points spender to see where they stand at any given time.

13. MrAlexMoore

MrAlexMoore Silver Member

Status Points:
    Don't forget about Southwest. Also stodgy about the 3rd party interface.

Awardwallet is pretty simple to get started with, but you might as well try a couple others and see which one you like best

14. willski

willski Active Member

Status Points:
    I use AwardWallet as well. It's fairly easy to check balances, and the the app is useful enough.

One feature I like (which may be replicated in other apps - haven't tried) is that when you select your account number, it comes up in fairly large text :)

15. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I use awardwallet too, but I have been giving Manilla a 2nd trial run. Not only can you track your bank balances and points and miles accounts, but you can also track bills and when they come due, as well as your groupon/living social type coupons as well, and will remind you when they're coming set to expire. If the one-stop-shop is what you're looking for, Manilla might be it. However, they also don't have AA,WN or DL, last I checked. I'm just not sure I want all of my info in one place, as silly as that might sound.

16. Ed Chandler
    Original Member

Ed Chandler Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'll be the odd man out and admit that my program of choice is a Google Docs spreadsheet. Since I have to do SW, DL, and AA separately anyway it's less of a hassle for me than remembering which sites work with which programs.

I update/check a program or two daily - only takes a moment - so I rotate through my bevy of programs pretty regularly.