Miles & Points in Advertising - Post Your All-Time Favorites!

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by gleff, Feb 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Love the Priority Club business travel guys, but this one in their series of commercials was the best -- they're checking in and talking about upgrades and redeeming their points for merchandise. Dry, sardonic almost. Love the aspirational awards one of them is considering, "I'm thinking about getting a 10 gallon hat... maybe some nunchucks."​

Then there was the series, "...Or was it the miles?"

It's from just a couple of years before I really started paying attention to these things, so the first time I saw the ads was at the Freddie Awards in Colorado Springs in 2003. Randy was showing a bit of a retrospective on miles and points ads, and ran through the series. He ended with an ad showing a diamond ring I think. "Was it love? ... Or was it the miles?" He declared that it was love and he asked his lovely bride-to-be Julie to marry him.

Me, I've just been known to take great advantage of the Continental Onepass shopping portal, when they're offering 25 miles per dollar with FTD and it's doubled because I've got a Continental Mastercard, earning 50 miles per dollar one can reasonably ask:

[​IMG]

Now, when 1-800-Flowers was offering 100 Delta miles per dollar for a two day period (I want to say December 30-31, 2003?) there wasn't even a question. I wasn't sorry. It was just for the miles!

What are your favorites?