Miles on Sale 20% off

Discussion in 'bmi | Diamond Club' started by Lufthansa Flyer, Jun 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Got an email today offering DC miles for 20% discount. Not the best program they have ever had, but a nice enough one. Last year in q4 there was a 50% program which really made it attractive.

JohnDeere19 and sobore like this.
  2. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good to top off if you have an award in mind...

HPN-HRL and Lufthansa Flyer like this.
  3. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've noticed more and more with DC that the redemption opportunities are drying out. Not as easy as it used to be, and this is for itineraries 9-12 months out!!! Economy is easy enough to find, but biz is getting tough, and First is almost no existant, especially on LX and LH....

4. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone ever tried purchasing miles for an under-18 family member? As far as I see, you can't log into their accounts directly.

5. HPN-HRL
    Original Member

HPN-HRL Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anybody had trouble trying to buy these miles? I have made the following purchases of DC miles:

Sep 2010: 20K + 4K bonus for me
    Oct 2010: 20K + 4K bonus for my family acct. member
    Mar 2011: 20K + 4K bonus for me

Both in late March and now, when I try to purchase miles for my family acct. member (on my cc, like I did last October), I get the message that this account has already purchased as many miles as is allowed in a year. Any ideas as to why I get this message, or how to deal with it? Thanks!

6. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    You're allowed to purchase a maximum of 24k miles per year. It looks like since you last purchased miles for that account in October, it won't let you do so again. What is the rollover date for that account? It might be based on the membership year.

7. HPN-HRL
    Original Member

HPN-HRL Silver Member

Status Points:
    My membership year ends in July, so I have successfully purchased miles for my own account twice in my current membership year (but only once each in calendar years 2010 & 2011).

My family account member first earned Silver status in January, but joined sometime in 2010. Do you think that's the difference?

8. heramato
    Original Member

heramato Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's per calendar year AFAIK