Miles not posting after standby flights?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by demkr, Aug 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. demkr
    Original Member

demkr Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is the 2nd time I've had this issue so far.

A few weeks ago, I was scheduled on a 6 am flight UA ORD-SFO crediting to my OnePass account. I didn't show up at the airport. I ended up standing by after sleeping in for the 12pm flight, and made it on the flight.

One week later, and my miles haven't posted. Is this a normal occurrence when you standby after missing a flight on OP?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did your new BP have your OnePass number on it? And why are you crediting UA metal to OnePass? :confused:

3. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Only reasons I can think of are that he didn't link his accounts yet, doesn't have a MP account, or that he's on an EQM-bonus eligible fare and wants to accrue the additional lifetime miles on CO vs. BIS on UA.

4. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had a UA standby flight about 2 weeks ago that didn't credit to my UA account either, and missing points online didn't recognize it. My MP number was printed on it, and it said 1K, so I'm not sure what happened. I'll just need to send it in, I guess.

5. demkr
    Original Member

demkr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good guesses. Haha! But no cigar. I am crediting to CO because that's where the status match challenge I took was. Almost have enough BIS for the linked accounts to match me to uA 1P. however, the fact that the miles for this flight have not posted presents some frustration considering i'd like them to post prior to the 90 day challenge period i have. I have emailed CO but no response yet.

6. demkr
    Original Member

demkr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Were you able to get yours resolved? I hope this isn't going to be an ongoing issue...groan

7. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't tried yet

8. demkr
    Original Member

demkr Silver Member

Status Points:
    OK. I had emailed the OnePass service center and about 10 days later I got the regular automated response (odd). I also spoke to a CSR who claimed she could not look at it until 8/24. Okie dokie. lol

9. demkr
    Original Member

demkr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Second ua standby flight did not post. Considering the lengthy process one has to go through to request manual posting, I ask, what is the point of flying if the system doesn't post standby flights?

Fix it already.

I ended up posting the flight with my UA account (swallowing the dbeqm and plat bonus). Took 3 seconds to do online after a month of dealing with Continental.

2wheels maybe you should do the same. Lol

10. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've tried it online with both accounts, and it doesn't work.

11. demkr
    Original Member

demkr Silver Member

Status Points:
    What a pain. I think I just wont fly standby anymore

12. The Boat
    Original Member

The Boat Gold Member

Status Points:
    On a slightly similar event in March, my PVD-IAD (on UAX) went mechanical and was "part 131'ed" onto US, and it took about 3 weeks for those miles to post.

Also, in May, when I flew SNA-ORD-PVD, I stood by on SNA-SFO-IAD-PVD, but yet my miles were credited about 6 days later... go figure