Miles & More Status Match

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by jetsetter, May 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jetsetter
    Original Member

jetsetter Silver Member

Status Points:
    So here it is, finally! The Lufthansa Miles & More status matching from AF/KLM Flying Blue. They will match FB Silver to M&M FTL and FB Gold & Platinum to M&M Senator. I don't have further details, I don't know how long this is running for but I would strongly advise you grab it while it lasts. Remember that airline companies allow you to status match once in a lifetime or something like that. So only go for it if you really want it.

http://www.more-miles.com/

2. OY-JFS
    Original Member

OY-JFS Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. bthobe
    Original Member

bthobe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Now the fun part is finding a cheap enough flight with two segments to get the status match. Unfortunately, from Africa, where I will be in June, the cheapest I can find from ADD to anywhere LH flies is $900 r/t.

4. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just keep in mind- this really may not be worth it for you- if you already have * Gold (it looks like you do based on your signature)- Senator is not going to provide any significant benefits- particularly in many parts of Africa LH doesn't have a lot of service. Wait to get a status match until you plan on flying frequently with LH- AFAIK it is a once in a lifetime thing as well.

5. bthobe
    Original Member

bthobe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Lately I have not been flying to much and doubt I will achieve Star Gold status with US this year. Hence, the LH deal sounds pretty good as it will provide me with Gold status through 2012. But, I need to find a reasonable ticket first before July 30th...

6. Rambuster
    Original Member

Rambuster Silver Member

Status Points:
    LH are pretty stupid once again. First LH FTLs get match to FB Gold and then these former FTLs get a SEN status match by LH again. Effectively LH is upgrading their FTLs to SEN ...

AHN and TRAVELSIG like this.
  7. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hey Rambuster- be easy on LH- they don't give SEN's anything anyway- so it is a no cost way to get people to fly more with LH- good for them.