Miles&More Senator customer service failure

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by domas, Aug 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. domas

domas Active Member

Status Points:
    It is amazing how sometimes LH fails at the customer service - I have a boarding pass that has my FF# on it for SFO-FRA business class segment (circa 14k miles, useful sometimes), it has LH-issued e-ticket # on it, and of course, those miles are missing in my account.

Usually miles show up within days, so I call after few weeks. They say they requested those miles and they will show up within a month or two. Two months after the flight I call them, and they say they requested miles again, and they will show up eventually.

Eventually, my account statement says "these miles have been already credited", but not an entry for that. This is where I send an email, providing all the details I have - boarding pass data, etc - and point out that miles are not there, and that it was "credited before".

I got an email back:

... However, we need a copy of your ticket or passenger receipt and the corresponding original boarding pass for processing. Should you no longer have the ticket, we suggest that you contact your travel agency for a duplicate. If you booked an electronic ticket (etix®) via the Internet, a copy of the passenger receipt that shows the paid seating classes will suffice. Please send these documents to us within six months from the date of departure. Our address is:​

Miles & More​
    Postfach 1200​
    33409 Verl​
    Germany​

Unfortunately, we cannot accept scanned documents sent to us in the form of an image file via the Internet.​

When the necessary data audit has been carried out, the results will be displayed on your account statement or you will be notified in writing.​

We appreciate your co-operation and look forward to hearing from you. ​

It it standard practice to put in more and more hoops for customers and ask for hard paper documentation each time? I feel sad that I requalified for Senator this year already, when I could probably switch it all to somewhere else (or is everything else that bad?)

Annoying part - I couldn't even reply to their email - email responses is one time offer, you have to go through a web form again afterwards. It has goddamn email ticket number in its subject - does one have to be HON to interact with human? I cannot just email my document scans to them? This is such a failure.

sobore, MX and uggboy like this.
  2. domas

domas Active Member

Status Points:
    Hm, now I have "flight data corrected" and miles there. I have no idea which of my actions caused that to happen ;-)